$11000 Welcome Bonus
$11000 Welcome Bonus
$777 Welcome Bonus
400% Welcome Bonus
Last Updated: August 27, 2016
On This Page
Millionaire Maker is a blackjack side bet I noticed at the Cromwell in Las Vegas on August 1, 2016. It is based on the dealer hand only. It can also be found at O'Sheas.
It is my understanding that this bet is meant to be themed to the side bet of the same name in Three Card Poker.
- For purposes of the Millionaire Maker side bet, the player is based according to the poker value of the dealer hand.
- All dealer cards are used, including the bust card, if any.
- The dealer hits a soft 17.
- If all players bust, then the dealer will not draw out past two cards.
- A $5 minimum bet is required to win the award for a six-card straight flush.
- The O'Shea's pay table is shown below. At the Cromwell, the top award pays $100,000 only (despite the name of the bet), for a relative return of 20,000 to 1.
O'Sheas Pay Table
|Six-card straight flush||200,000* to 1|
|Full house||100 to 1|
|Three of a kind||15 to 1|
|Pair||2 to 1|
The $1,000,000 award for a six-card straight flush requires a $5 minimum bet. Thus, the relative win would be 200,000 to 1 for exactly a $5 bet. Also note that a suited 2-3-4-5-A-A-6 would count towards the top award.
Following is my analysis for a six-deck game. This assumes a $5 bet, a $1,000,000 award for a six-card straight flush, and the dealer always draws out.
|Three of a kind||15||0.00866985450||0.130048|
The lower right cell shows a house edge of 18.15%. The house edge goes up to 18.55% if a six-card straight flush pays $100,000 only.
Following is my analysis for an eight-deck game. This assumes a $5 bet, a $1,000,000 award for a six-card straight flush, and the dealer always draws out.
|Three of a kind||15||0.00891848362||0.133777|
The lower right cell shows a house edge of 17.01%. The house edge goes up to 17.41% if a six-card straight flush pays $100,000 only.
Discussion of this side bet at my forum at Wizard of Vegas.
Written by: Michael Shackleford