On This Page
Duo Bao Analyzed for Better Gameplay
If my Chinese is right, Duo Bao means Many Treasure. It is a baccarat game with several poker-based side bets. Since the baccarat rules are the same as conventional baccarat, I shall file this game as a collection of baccarat side bets.
I'm not sure where these side bets can be found but judging by the Duo Bao web site, they seem to be casting their net all over Asia.
- The games is based on conventional baccarat with eight decks of cards.
- All bets may make use of any Player or Banker card.
- Bets on poker hands normally requiring five cards still do. In particular, a straight, flush, straight flush, or royal flush must be composed of at least five cards.
- Wins for a three of a kind to five of a kind must contain at least that many cards but may contain more. For example, the three of a kind bet would win in the event of a four of a kind.
- The straight flush bet wins in the event of a royal flush. Bets on a straight and flush win in the event of a straight flush or royal flush.
The following table shows the probability and house edge of each available bet. Pays are on a "to one" basis. The inverse column is the inverse of the probability, or the average number of hands between wins. The number of winning permutation is out of a possible 4,998,398,275,503,360.
Duo Bao Analysis
|Six of a kind||60000||5,872,124,160||0.00000117||851,208||92.95%|
|Five of a kind||2000||356,942,987,520||0.00007141||14,003||85.71%|
|Four of a kind||200||12,630,904,546,560||0.00252699||396||49.21%|
|Three of a kind||15||261,128,938,702,080||0.05224252||19||16.41%|
Duo Bao — Official game web site.
Written by: Michael Shackleford