2 Face Blackjack
2 Face Blackjack is a blackjack variant where the dealer exposes his hole card if his up card is any face card. To pay for that, the game uses 48-card decks with no tens and a winning blackjack pays even money. I first saw the game at the Paris casino in Las Vegas on November 18, 2013.
Standard blackjack rules are followed except as noted below.
- Six 48-card decks are used. Each deck has the tens removed. By "tens" I mean the card in rank between a nine and jack.
- Whenever the dealer has a face card up, he will reveal the hole card.
- A winning blackjack pays even money.
- Double after a split is allowed.
- Late surrender is allowed, including when the dealer exposes his hole card.
- Player may double on any first two cards.
- Player may re-split up to four hands, except aces, which may be split once only.
Assuming infinite decks, the house edge is 0.41%. Applying an adjustment factor, based on conventional blackjack, I get a house edge of 0.34% for six decks.
- Xcite Gaming — Sales page about the game by the game owner.
- Discussion about this game on my forum at Wizard of Vegas.
Online Blackjack Casino Bonuses
Written by:Michael Shackleford