On This Page
Stack 'em High Poker
IntroductionOne video poker variant I saw at G2E and now at VideoPoker.com is Stack 'em High Poker. Here are the rules:
- Game is an optional feature on 3-play and 5-play video poker.
- The player must play 10 credits per line to invoke the feature. Wins will be based on 5 credits only. If the player is dealt 2 or 3 aces, then he will win additional hands above the 3 or 5 he paid for.
- The number of additional hands is not disclosed in the rules, except to state a maximum. For example, this maximum is 8 hands in 5-play Bonus Poker and 6 in Double Double Bonus.
- Regardless of how many hands the player has, they will be in the form of a vertical stack.
- Replacements cards are dealt to one hand at a time, starting at the bottom of the stack. If the player is dealt any additional aces on the draw, those aces will be sticky for all hands above.
- To invoke the feature, the player must hold the 2 or 3 dealt aces only. If the holds other cards, he won't get the bonus hands.
- In the bonus feature, every hand on the draw is dealt from a 52-card with the five cards from the deal removed and any "sticky" aces from previous hands drawn.
Written by: Michael Shackleford