On this page
Lucky Colour Chips
Lucky Colour (sic) Chips is a set of 37 side bets in roulette, one for each number from 0 to 36. To win, the ball must land in the chosen number. The win is determined by three colored dice.
At the time of this writing in May 2022, I'm aware of one placement of this game at the Macau Casino Complex in Cork, Ireland.
Each player in roulette is given chips of a unique color. For example, if there are three players, player 1 might use green chips, player 2 blue, and player 3 yellow. The value associated with each chip depends on the amount of money the player buys in for. For example, if the player presents $500 to the dealer, he might be given 100 chips, each worth $5.
In Lucky Colour Roulette, there are a maximum of six players and the chips they would be assigned are limited to red, orange, yellow, green, white, and blue.
- The game uses a standard 37-number roulette wheel and offers all the conventional roulette bets.
- In addition, there are 37 Lucky Colour bets, one for each number from 0 to 36.
- To win a Lucky Colour bet, the ball must land in the number chosen.
- If the player wins, the odds he is paid are determined the three six-sided dice.
- The dice have a different color on each side -- red, orange, yellow, green, white, and blue.
- The "Winning Color" is the color of the chips used on a winning Lucky Colour Bet.
- Winning bets shall be paid 300 to 1 if all three dice match the Winning Color.
- Winning bets shall be paid 70 to 1 if all three dice are the same color, other than the Winning Color.
- Winning bets shall be paid 70 to 1 if two of the dice match the Winning Color.
- Winning bets shall be paid 40 to 1 if two of the dice are the same color, other than the Winning Color.
- Winning bets shall be paid 22 to 1 if the three dice are different colors.
Confused? I admit I misunderstood the concept at first too. Let's look at an example. Suppose two players, one using blue chips and one using yellow, both make a Lucky Colour bet on 23. The ball then lands on 23. The roll of the dice is blue-green-blue. The Lucky Colour bet made with blue chips will be paid at 70 to 1 odds, since blue was the Lucky Color for that player. The Lucky Colour bet made with yellow chips will be paid at 40 to 1 odds, because two dice landed on the same color, but they didn't match the Lucky Color of that player (yellow).
The following table shows my analysis of Lucky Colour Roulette. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 5.46%.
Lucky Colour Roulette
|All three dice match winning color||300||1||0.000125||0.037538|
|All three dice same color, other than winning color||70||5||0.000626||0.043794|
|Two dice match winning color||70||15||0.001877||0.131381|
|Two dice same color, other than winning color||40||75||0.009384||0.375375|
|All three dice different color||22||120||0.015015||0.330330|
|Any other number||-1||7776||0.972973||-0.972973|
Discussion about Lucky Colour Chips in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.