On This Page
Number Sequence in Roulette
One question I get sometimes is whether there is some pattern to the number sequence in roulette. There is no simple rule of thumb that would help one memorize the order. Both major types of wheels, single- and double-zero, try to have a good balance of high & low and odd & even numbers in any given sector of the wheel. However, beyond that, there is no consistent pattern that I can find. Nobody seems to know who developed the number order of why, so this is one of the unsolved mysteries of gambling.
The number order on the single-zero wheel is 0-32-15-19-4-21-2-25-17-34-6-27-13-36-11-30-8-23-10-5-24-16-33-1-20-14-31-9-22-18-29-7-28-12-35-3-26.
Other than having a good balance of high/low and odd/even numbers in any given sector, I can find no easy memorize device to explain the entire order.
The number order on the single-zero wheel is 0-28-9-26-30-11-7-20-32-17-5-22-34-15-3-24-36-13-1-00-27-10-25-29-12-8-19-31-18-6-21-33-16-4-23-35-14-2. Unlike the single-zero wheel, several rules will help you put together the entire sequence. Here it is.
- Start by putting the 00 in the 12:00 position and the 0 in the 6:00 position on the wheel.
- Place the 1 to the left of the 00. Then, every four spaces, going counter-clockwise, put the next odd number, until you get to 9.
- Place the 13 to the left of the 1. Then every four spaces, going counter-clockwise, put the next odd number, until you get to 17.
- Place the 11 next to the 7, going counter-clockwise. This will take care of the odd low numbers. Note they are all on the left side of the wheel.
- Place the 19 seven spaces from the 00, going clockwise. Then, going clockwise, put the next two odds every four spaces, until you get to 23.
- Place the 25 three positions from the 00, going clockwise.
- Place the 27 one position from the 00, going clockwise. Then, going clockwise, put the next four odds every four spaces, until you get to 35.
- Directly across the wheel from every odd number, place the number one greater. For example, place the 2 directly across from the 1.
The number sequence for the triple zero wheel (boo!) is the same as the single-zero wheel, except the 000 and 00 directly follow the 0, going clockwise.
In other words, the sequence is 0-000-00-32-15-19-4-21-2-25-17-34-6-27-13-36-11-30-8-23-10-5-24-16-33-1-20-14-31-9-22-18-29-7-28-12-35-3-26.
This topic is asked and discussed in my forum at Wizard of Vegas in the thread titled ROULETTE -- ORDER OF THE NUMBERS.
Written by: Michael Shackleford