On This Page
Richer Spin is the name of a roulette game that offers side bets on individual numbers that pay up to 300 to 1. I first saw it at the 2021 Global Gaming Expo.
- The game is played on an ordinary double-zero roulette wheel.
- In addition to all the usual bets, the player may make a Richer Spin bet on any individual number. There are also ways to bet on groups of Richer Spin bets at the same time.
- In addition to the usual roulette wheel, there is an inner wheel that spins in the opposite direction.
- The inner wheel also has 38 positions and will randomly stop to line up with the outer wheel.
- The inner wheel has one position that is labeled 300, nine which are labeled 100, and 8 which are not labeled.
- If the player bets on a Richer Spin bet and the ball lands in the number chosen, then the inner wheel will determine what the winning bet pays.
Assuming the ball lands in the chosen number, the average win is (1/38)×300 + (9/38)×100 + (28/38)×0 = 31.579 for 1. Please recall the win in conventional roulette on a single number is 36 for 1.
The following table shows my overall analysis of the Richer Bets. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 16.2%.
Richer Spin Analysis
Written by: Michael Shackleford