On This Page
Four 20's is not just the police code for possession of marijuana, but also a blackjack game by DraftKings. The proper name for the game is Four 20s Blackjack, but I am treating it as a side bet, which I'm calling Four 20's. It plays like conventional four-hand blackjack, except mandates a side bet. The side bet pays according to the number of 20's the player gets in his first four hands.
- The player must make five identical bets, one on each of four blackjack hands and one on the Four 20's side bet.
- The blackjack rules are as follows:
- Eight decks
- Dealer stands on soft 17
- Blackjack pays 3 to 2
- Dealer peeks for blackjack
- Player may double on any two cards
- Player may double after a split
- Player may re-split any pair, except aces, up to four hands
- Split aces get one card only per hand
- Surrender is not allowed
- The Four 20's side bet pays based on how many hands of 20 points the player gets in his initial two cards per hand. Both hard and soft (ace/9) 20's count. The pay table is as follows:
- Four 20's pays 420 to 1
- Three 20's pays 20 to 1
- Two 20's pays 4 to 1
- One 20 pays a random win from a push to 3 to 1
- The side bet is adjudicated before the dealer peeks for blackjack.
- If the player gets one 20, then a spinning wheel will determine the win. The following are the possible outcomes and probabilities for the prize wheel.
- 3x: 5%
- 2x: 15%
- 1x: 50%
- Push (wheel stops on line): 30%
The following table shows the possible outcome of the win wheel for one 20. The lower right cell shows the average win for one 20 is 95.00% of the bet amount (on a "for one" basis).
One 20 Wheel
The following table shows the number of combinations, probability, and contribution to the return for all possible outcomes from 0 to 4 of the total hands with 20 points. An average win is shown for one 20. The lower right cell shows a house advantage of 0.42%.
Summarized Return Table
The next table is a detailed return table, breaking down the possible wins for one 20.
Detailed Return Table
|One 20 -- 3x||3||255,238,297,847,250,000,000||0.015226||0.045677|
|One 20 -- 2x||2||765,714,893,541,749,000,000||0.045677||0.091354|
|One 20 -- 1x||1||2,552,382,978,472,500,000,000||0.152257||0.152257|
|One 20 -- Push||0||1,531,429,787,083,500,000,000||0.091354||0.000000|
This page is intended to treat the Four 20's as a side bet, as opposed to a game. However, for those interested, my blackjack house edge calculator says the house edge in the Four 20s Blackjack base game is 0.43286%, based on basic strategy and shuffling the cards after every hand. This is line with the 0.42% house edge quoted in the game help file.
- Discussion about Four 20's blackjack in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.
- Demo of Four 20's blackjack at the Draft Kings web site.
Written by: Michael Shackleford