On This Page
The mass public largely doubted the security and reliability of online payment processing, especially in the early and rather messy days of the Internet. Some were all too willing to make use of the conveniences offered through online payment processing, while others stagnated progress by rejecting it altogether.
With a number of faulty transactions…
…both due to lack of know-how and customer funds abuse, online payment processing service were subject to rigorous regulations. Along with the technological advancements which came thereafter, the e-commerce industry has largely revolutionized. Nowadays, people looking to purchase goods, pay for services or transfer funds to and from accounts are able to do so via a number of payment processing channels.
Sofort is the synonym to top payment processing in Germany, much like premium croissants are a French trademark. Considering good news travel fast, it was only a matter of time before eager merchants and their customers, as well as croissant enthusiasts from other countries were working to have them at their disposal.
Originally, Sofort Überweisung,...
...i.e. Sofort Banking company first set up offices in Munich, Germany, back in 2005. During those early days, the company was known under the name Payment Network, but changed it to Sofort AG in 2012. Since then, they have progressed greatly and nowadays partner with over 25.000 online merchants in processing payments, with a monthly transaction volume north of 2 million payments.
It was around the next year – 2013 – that Klarna recognized Sofort’s massive potential and stepped in to boost it towards international success. Klarna, in turn, is a Swedish online payment processing company that started operations about the same time as Sofort. The three initial founders of the establishment were Victor Jacobsen, Niklas Addalberth and Sebastian Siemiatkowski, but investments from local and international business ventures soon put the company straight on the finance map.
The support from US-based investors...
...was the key to its progress, as the company soon spread out its services across Western Europe, ultimately coming across Sofort. After conducting the much beneficial merge, both companies progressed even more. Proof of Klarna’s success is both its naming among the top 100 promising tech companies, and later as one of the ‘five unicorns’ of Sweden, as it was a small start-up business endeavour that turned into a global service provider.
Sofort equally flourished...
....under the new leadership, and ultimately managed to spread its services throughout Western and Central Europe. Nowadays, people holding an account at practically any of the banking establishments across the 13 following countries should be free to process their online payments to any partnering merchant or gambling platforms in:
- The Czech Republic
- The United Kingdom
How to Use Sofort for Online Payments?
Considering the massively widespread use potential of the service, an increasing number of interested users have been recorded across all eligible countries. In order to maximize user conversion, it is essential that interested parties learn all about the actual payment processing operations and its simplicity.
Conducting Sofort online payments...
... is available at most major online retailers, diverse banking establishments, all the way to online gaming platforms. All you need to do is choose an e-commerce platform from the selection of Sofort retailers, and select this payment method for your transaction purposes. A drop-down menu will further allow you to specify the bank you use, based on your respective location. After that, Sofort’s back-door operations directly transfer you to the online banking service of the chosen brand.
No additional log-in...
... is required to make use of their services, as they link your bank account to the merchant directly, solely acting as a mediator throughout the process. With a number of security, transaction speed and availability conveniences, the nature of this service has proven quite beneficial, and was further confirmed by its success rate.
As a Payment Method
One major application for the Sofort payment processing system has been the iGaming market. Online casinos, poker rooms and similar gambling establishments have included it in their list of payment methods in order to cater to their players from above-listed countries. With instant payment processing capabilities and added security and encryption protocols, most players from eligible territories have opted for this banking solution when funding their online gambling activities.
In order to enjoy real money gambling action at online casino platforms, players need to fund their accounts. For those interested in using the benefits of the service, it is best that you learn the few simple steps to making a deposit and enjoy your online entertainment fully.
Step 1: Once you make sure that your country of residence and chosen bank are eligible to transfer funds using the service, interested players can get started with their online gambling action. First off, it is important to choose a suitable casino – one that offers a game selection and bonus offers fit to your preferences.
Step 2: Make a player account at your chosen online casino and head to the Cashier/Banking section. Here, click on the Sofort option, and choose the appropriate bank where you hold an account. Such a move will redirect you straight to the familiar online banking platform you normally use for the account.
Step 3: Sign in to your online banking service using the regular username and password/PIN credentials and enter the amount you wish to transfer to the casino. Upon confirming the transaction, you will be additionally required to enter a TAN – Transaction Authorization Number. This is a one-use code sent to your token, phone, email or other service of your choosing that validates that it is the actual owner of the account doing the payment processing.
Step 4: Confirming the transaction is the last step of the process. Afterward, all that is left for players to do is get redirected to their casino account, which has already received the instant payment. With proper bankroll management, skill and enjoyment, it is easy to turn your Sofort online gambling entertainment into profit.
Withdrawals from online casino platforms using Sofort as a payment processor are a bit more limited. Not all Sofort casinos offer the option to cash out your winnings using this service, mainly because it transfers them straight to the player’s bank account.
Sofort is not a standard e-wallet,...
... as users cannot withdraw and store their funds on their servers. All they do is execute the intermediary process of swift and secure transferring, acting as a mediator service.
Taking into account the inherent features of the service, as well as their suitable application in the respective online gambling platforms, there is no doubt that players should enjoy a number of benefits:
- Security: The Sofort system is designed to offer top encryption safety measures with the highest protocols set in place. Therefore, transactions do not pose any danger to player funds or personal financial information. Even if some degree of third-party interference is achieved, the data obtained is encrypted and cannot be used for malpractices.
- Transaction Speed: Due to the fact that the service does not require the transaction to go through an added set of credentials – an e-wallet formal account – transactions are processed momentarily, in real time. This goes for deposits and withdrawals both, naturally for the platforms which permit the two different transaction types.
- Exclusive Bonuses & Promos: Sofort’s services are solely available to a select portion of the player pool. That is why online gambling operators frequently offer exclusive bonuses and promotions for those players choosing Sofort as their payment processing method.
- Dedicated Service: Yet another benefit originating from the eligible territory restrictions is the dedicated service they are able to provide. In other words, the fact that they cater to players from 13 select nations allows them to adjust the banking service to fit their needs and preferences specifically, achieving more personal service throughout the gambling experience.
- Top Gambling Platforms: As explained above, Sofort has built a reputable payment processing brand, and has additionally partnered with another major player in the industry. Resulting, its presence on a casino site could serve players as an indicator of the operator’s reliability and reputability, even if they aren’t eligible to use this specific payment method.
- Minor Amount Limits: Unlike most payment processors, Sofort is hardly concerned with fund limits – the minimum amount to execute a transaction is set at €10, while the maximum is normally determined by the casinos, both for deposits and withdrawals.
- Fees: Despite being such a prominent service, Sofort has managed to sustain itself without charging their users any fees for the service. Merchants, however, are subject to some charge in order to use the payment processing service when catering to their clients.
Disadvantages of Using Sofort at Online Casinos
With such advantageous features, there is hardly anything that could distort the image of Sofort. While the disadvantages are not so detrimental, they do pose a considerable obstacle for some players. Among them, the following are definitely worth the mention:
- Eligible Countries: A major obstacle for players from other European countries, or cross-continental territories, is their ineligibility to enjoy the perks of the service. So far, Sofort has only managed to cover regions of Europe, but since its merger, efforts are being made for a more massive international expansion.
- No Formal Account: The lack of a formal account creation and sign-in procedure can be both a benefit and a setback, depending on one’s point of view. As mentioned, it facilitates and speeds up the entire transaction process on the one hand. However, many players are wary of the fact that the service collects your personal information from the respective bank account.
TheriIn order for players to make use of withdrawals, they will first need to connect to their chosen bank and deposit some funds. This will set up the background basis for future transactions, deposits and withdrawals both.
1. Which currencies are available for funds?
While the service is restricted to 13 countries so far, they still differ in terms of languages and currencies used. In this regard, the Sofort payment processor distinguished transactions in the following currencies: GBP, EUR, CZK, HUF, CHF and PLN. What is more, the service is available on a number of languages – EN, ES, DE, HU, FR, IT, PL, CS, NL, SK.
2. Is there customer support services in case of inquiries and issues?
Yes, users of for any kind of online payment processing purposes are bound to get proper and helpful support from the team of customer representatives via email or phone number. Their working hours cover weekdays, weekends and holidays, with the specifics stated on the site. As for general inquiries or issues that players encounter throughout their experience, the site offers a well-equipped knowledgebase with the most frequent questions concerning all major aspects.
3. What are some suitable alternatives to this online casino payment method?
While Sofort is not a typical e-wallet service, options such as Skrill, Neteller and PayPal do provide a suitable alternative. POLi is one such similar service, only it operates with a focus on the Australian and New Zealand marketplace.
4. What kind of security certificates does this service employ for user protection?
This service prides itself on the security side of the contemporary Sofort GmbH service. It holds the TÜV seal for Certified Data Protection, as well as the “Verified Payment System” certificate, considering it is packed with ISO – 27000 certification.
5. What is an interesting fact about the service that they pride themselves upon?
One thing that the Sofort brand prides themselves on is the lack of any malpractice throughout the years of their operations. Since their earliest beginnings, there haven’t been any scandals regarding funds misuse or abuse of user information when it comes to the company brand.