On this page
Claridge, Atlantic City House Way
IntroductionThe "front" refers to the two card hand and the "back" refers to the five card hand.
- No pair: Place the second and third highest cards in the front.
- One pair: Place the two highest singletons in the front.
- Two pair: Use the following groups to determine how to play a two pair:
2 through 6: Low pair
7 through 10: Medium pairs
Jack through king: High pairs
- Low pair and low pair or low pair and medium pair: Split pairs unless holding a king singleton or better.
- Low pair and high pair or medium pair and medium pair: Split pairs unless holding an ace singleton.
- Medium pair and high pair or high pair and high pair: Always split.
- Pair of aces and any other pair: Always split.
- Three pair: Play highest pair in front.
- Three of a kind: Play three of a kind in back unless they are aces, then play a pair of aces in back and one ace in front.
- Three of a kind twice: Play a pair from the higher three of a kind in front.
- Straights, flushes, straight flushes, and royal flush:
- With no pair or one pair: Play the highest hand possible in front while maintaining at least a straight in the back.
- With two pair: Use two pair rule.
- With three pair: Use three pair rule.
- With three of a kind: Play pair in front.
- With full house: Use full house rule.
- Full house: Play pair in front.
- Full house with three of a kind and two pairs: Play the highest pair in front.
- Four of a kind: Play according to the rank of the four of a kind:
2 through 6: Always keep together.
7 through 10: Split unless an ace can be played in front.
Jack through ace: Always split.
- Four of a kind and a pair: Play pair in front.
- Four of a kind and three of a kind: Play pair in front from the three of a kind.
- Five aces: Play pair of aces in front unless a pair of kings can be played in front.
My Pai Gow Poker Offerings
Pai Gow Poker Coverage
House Way for...