On This Page
Football Card Showdown
Football Card Showdown is a simple variant of Casino War. It is played at Internet casinos using the Playtech live dealer studio.
- Eight ordinary decks are used.
- Card ranked according to their poker value except aces are always LOW.
- The dealer will deal one card each to the Home and Away sides.
- Bets on the winning side pay even money. Ties lose half.
- Bets on a tie pay 11 to 1.
- The following four side bets are available on each side. All wins pay even money. Note there are no ties and a 7 causes all side bets to lose.
- Low — Wins on A to 6
- High — Wins on 8 to K
- Odd — Wins on A, 3, 5, 9, J, K
- Even — Wins on 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, Q
The following table shows my analysis of the Home and Away bets. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 3.73%.
The following table shows my analysis of the Tie bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 10.36%.
The following table shows my analysis of the High, Low, Odd and Even bets. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 7.69%.
High, Low, Odd, Even Analysis
Live Casino Comparer — Video by Neil demonstrating Football Card Showdown.
Written by:Michael Shackleford