On This Page
Los Angeles Rams Defeat San Francisco 49ers in NFC Championship Game
On Sunday, January 30th, 2022 the San Francisco 49ers traveled down the coast of California to take on the Los Angeles Rams from So Fi Stadium located in Inglewood, CA in the NFC Championship Game. The winner of this crazy contest has a trip to Super Bowl LVI on the line.
Super Bowl LVI
The Cincinnati Bengals are also now heading to Super Bowl LVI, and this is their first trip to a Super Bowl in 33 - years. This will be the 3rd Super Bowl appearance for the Cincinnati Bengals when they play the Los Angeles Rams on the Rams home field of So Fi Stadium located in Inglewood, California.
This year’s NFL Super Bowl will be played on Sunday, February 13th, 2022 at 6:30 p. m. EST, and the big game will be nationally broadcasted on NBC. Currently the opening line for Super Bowl LVI is the Los Angeles Rams at – 3.5, and the over / under has been initially set at 50 points.
AFC Championship Game – Scoring Plays
- No scoring plays during the 1st quarter of this year’s NFC Championship Game.
- The Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp caught a 16 – yard touchdown pass from quarterback Matthew Stafford. Rams 7 – 49ers 0.
- The San Francisco 49ers wide receiver / running back / special team’s player Deebo Samuel pulled in a touchdown pass from quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Rams 7 – 49ers 7.
- San Francisco 49ers place kicker Robbie Gould kicked a 38 – yard field goal. 49ers 10 – Rams 7.
- The tight end of the San Francisco 49ers, George Kittle, caught a 16 – yard touchdown pass from Garoppolo. 49ers 17 – Rams 7.
- Kupp of the Los Angeles Rams scored a touchdown via an 11 – yard touchdown reception tossed from Stafford. 49ers 17 – Rams 14.
- The Los Angeles Rams place kicker, Matt Gay, came through on 40 – yard field goal. Rams 17 – 49ers 17.
- The Los Angeles Rams kicker Gay blasted a game – winning 30 – yard field goal. Rams 20 – 49ers 17.
"Wish I could have gotten that ball out maybe," the Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford disclosed. "Made them burn a timeout. But at the same time, wish we'd have put seven up there. It would have felt a whole lot better sitting on the sideline, but I've got so much trust in our defense, so much faith in those guys. They went out there and did their thing and got the win."
"It was great," the Los Angeles Rams linebacker Von Miller expressed. "He's been Aaron Donald -- vocally, physically, emotionally. ... That's what leaders do. He's a great leader. It just feels good to contribute. Like I said, a Super Bowl is all he needs. He could walk off into the sunset, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make that happen for him."
"Everything about this place is right, and it's done right," the Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. stated. "It's just been an incredible opportunity that I feel like I'm just trying to make the most of. Here we are playing in the Super Bowl, one game away from our dreams. Just keep going."
"It's great that it's here," Stafford goes on to say. "If we were playing in it, I didn't give a hell where it was. I'm like, I just want to play in the dang thing. But the fact that it's under this roof, it's going to be awesome. Our fans did an unbelievable job tonight, making it a tough environment. And it's nice to send some of those red jerseys home."
"We have no chance of being here without Cooper Kupp," the Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay explained.
“Los Angeles Rams rally to beat rival San Francisco 49ers, make hometown Super Bowl LVI a reality”, Brady Henderson, espn.com, January 30, 2022.
“Super Bowl LVI preview: Rams - Bengals predictions, picks, odds, big questions, stats to know, key matchups, more”, espn.com, January 31, 2022.
Written by: David Green