On This Page
This Day in Sports History (11/8/2020 – (11/14/2020)
November 8th, 1970
- Tom Dempsey of New Orleans Saints kicker Tom Dempsey makes an NFL record 63 yard field goal.
November 9th, 1982
- Legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard retires for the first time.
November 10th, 1963
- Gordie Howe takes over NHL career goal lead with 545 career goals.
November 11th, 1946
- The New York Knicks play their first ever game at the famous Madison Square Garden and they lost 78 – 68 to the Chicago Stags.
November 12th, 1933
- First Sunday football game in Philadelphia which was previously illegal.
November 13th, 1985
- Dwight Gooden who is the youngest 20 game winner in Major League Baseball history wins the 1985 National League Cy Young award.
November 14th, 1943
- Sid Luckman of the Chicago Bears passes for an amazing 7 touchdowns in a single game against the New York Giants.
Written by: David Green