On This Page
This Day in Sports History (9/13/2020 – (9/19/2020)
September 13th, 1849
- The first prize fight fatality in the United States of America (Tom McCoy).
September 14th, 1986
- Bo Jackson of the Kansas City Royals hits his first Major League Baseball home run.
September 15th, 1938
- The only time in MLB history that brothers hit back to back home runs (Lloyd and Paul Waner of the Pittsburgh Pirates).
September 16th, 1887
- The first softball game is played in Chicago, Illinois.
September 17th, 1920
- The American Pro Football Association is organized in Canton, Ohio.
September 18th, 1949
- MLB record four grand slams hit.
September 19th, 1947
- Jackie Robinson is named Rookie of the Year.
Written by: David Green