On This Page
This Day in Sports History (8/30/2020 – (9/5/2020)
August 30th, 1990
- Ken Griffey and Ken Griffey Jr. become first father and son to play on the same Major League Baseball team with the Seattle Mariners.
August 31st, 1894
- Billy Hamilton of the Philadelphia Phillies steals 7 bases in a game.
September 1st, 1890
- First baseball tripleheader (Boston vs. Pittsburgh).
September 2nd, 1987
- Kevin Bass is first National League player to switch hit home runs in a game twice in one season.
September 3rd, 1974
- Legendary guard in the NBA, Oscar Robinson, retires from playing professional basketball.
September 4th, 1953
- The New York Yankees become the first team in Major League Baseball to win 5 consecutive championships.
September 5th, 1922
- The New York Yankees play their final game at the Polo Grounds.
Written by: David Green