On This Page
This Day in Sports History (8/2/2020 – 8/8/2020)
August 2nd, 1929
- Don Hurst of the Philadelphia Phillies sets the National League record for six consecutive games with a home run.
August 3rd, 1914
- The New York Yankees catcher throws out three would be base stealers in one inning.
August 4th, 2010
- Alex Rodriguez hits his 600th career home run.
August 5th, 1969
- Willie Stargell becomes the first player to hit a home run out of Dodger Stadium during a game.
August 6th, 1973
- Roberto Clemente is inducted in to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
August 7th, 2007
- Barry Bonds surpasses Hank Aaron for the most career home runs.
August 8th, 1922
- The Pittsburgh Pirates set an MLB record for the most hits in a double header with 46 hits.
Written by: David Green