On This Page
This Day in Sports History (6/14/2020 – 6/20/2020)
June 14th, 1876
- George Hall of the Philadelphia Athletics becomes the first MLB player to hit for the cycle.
June 15th, 2004
- The Detroit Pistons defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals four games to one game.
June 16th, 1996
- The Chicago Bulls defeated the Seattle Super Sonics in the NBA Finals four games to two games.
June 17th, 1960
- Ted Williams hits his 500th career MLB home run.
June 18th, 1976
- The NBA and the ABA agree to merge leagues.
June 19th, 2006
- The Carolina Hurricanes defeated the Edmonton Oilers four games to three games to win the Stanley Cup.
June 20th, 1993
- John Paxon hits huge three point shot in game 6 of the NBA Finals to defeat the Phoenix Suns four games to two games in the 1993 NBA Finals.
Written by: David Green