On This Page
This Day in Sports History (5/31/2020 – 6/6/2020)
May 31st, 1927
- The first baseman Johnny Neun of the Detroit Tigers completes a rare unassisted triple play.
June 1st, 1946
- Assault wins the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
June 2nd, 1903
- The Pittsburgh Pirates win a triple header against the Brooklyn Dodgers.
June 3rd, 1932
- Lou Gehrig hit four consecutive home runs.
June 4th, 1974
- The NFL grants a franchise to the Seattle Seahawks.
June 5th, 1977
- The Portland Trail Blazers defeated the Philadelphia 76ers to win the NBA Championship.
June 6th, 2007
- Trevor Hoffman of the San Diego Padres becomes the first relief pitcher to save 500 games.
Written by: David Green