On This Page
This Day in Sports History (2/7/2021 – (2/13/2021)
February 7th, 1958
- Brooklyn Dodgers officially become the Los Angeles Dodgers.
February 8th, 1960
- Bill Russell of the Boston Celtics becomes first NBA player with 50 rebounds in a game with 51.
February 9th, 1971
- Leroy "Satchel" Paige becomes first negro league player that is elected in to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
February 10th, 1920
- Major League Baseball outlaws all pitches that involve tampering with the ball in any way.
February 11th, 1971
- John Believau of the Montreal Canadians scores his 500th career NHL goal.
February 12th, 1878
- Frederick Thayer patents the baseball catcher's mask.
February 13th, 1920
- National Negro Baseball League is organized in the United States of America.
Written by: David Green