Last Updated: February 22, 2021
On This Page
This Day in Sports History (2/21/2021 – (2/27/2021)
February 21st, 1973
- Chicago Black Hawks play an NHL record 262nd NHL game without being shut out.
February 22nd, 1962
- Wilt Chamberlain sets an NBA record with 34 free throw attempts.
February 23rd, 1938
- Joe Louis knocks out Nathan Mann in the third round for the heavyweight boxing title.
February 24th, 1987
- The Los Angeles Lakers' Kareem Abdul – Jabbar scores his 36,000th career point in the NBA.
February 25th, 1994
- Phil Rizzuto is elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
February 26th, 1987
- NBA's Michael Jordan scores 58 points in a single game and that is a Chicago Bulls' franchise record.
February 27th, 1987
- The NCAA cancels SMU’s entire 1987 football season for gross violations of the NCAA rules regarding athletic corruption.
Written by: David Green