On This Page
This Day in Sports History (11/15/2020 – (11/21/2020)
November 15th, 1960
- Elgin Baylor of the Los Angeles Lakers put up 71 points against the New York Knicks.
November 16th, 1926
- The New York Rangers play their first game ever as they defeated Montreal Maroons 1 to 0.
November, 17th, 1926
- The NHL's Chicago Blackhawks play their first game ever as they defeated the Toronto St. Patricks 4 to 1.
November 18th, 1949
- The Brooklyn Dodgers’ Jackie Robinson was named the National League's Most Valuable Player (MVP).
November 19th, 2004
- The Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons of the NBA engage in a huge brawl that involves fans as well as players. The incident results in the Indiana Pacers’ Ron Artest getting suspended for the entire season.
November 20th, 1969
- Pele scores his 1,000th goal in professional soccer.
November 21st, 1934
- The New York Yankees buy Joe DiMaggio from the San Francisco Seals.
Written by: David Green