On This Page
This Day in Sports History (10/27/2019 – 11/02/2019)
October 27th, 2004
- The Boston Red Sox beat the Saint Louis Cardinals to win the 2004 World Series for the first time 1918.
October 28th, 1959
- The Buffalo Bills are added to the AFL
October 29th, 1960
- Cassius Clay’s (Muhammad Ali) fights in his first professional fight as he defeated Tunney Hunsaker in six rounds.
October 30th, 2008
- The Philadelphia Phillies win the 2008 World Series by defeating the Tampa Bay Rays four games to one game.
October 31st, 1988
- First Monday Night Football Game (NFL) is played. The Indianapolis Colts defeated the Denver Broncos with the final score of 55-23.
November 1st, 1924
- The Boston Bruins are founded to become the first United States of America based NHL franchise.
November 2nd, 1969
- The NFL record for most touchdown passes is set at 12 as the St. Louis Rams Charlie Johnson and the New Orleans Saints Billy Kramer both threw 6 touchdown receptions.
Written by: David Green