$20 Free Bet
$20 Risk Free Bet
$250 Welcome Bonus
Last Updated: January 21, 2020
This Day in Sports History (1/19/2020 – 1/25/2020)
January 19th, 1937
- Cy Young, Tris Speaker and Nap Lajoie are all elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
January 20th, 1985
- The San Francisco 49ers defeated the Miami Dolphins 38 to 16 in Super Bowl XIX.
January 21st, 1979
- The Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Dallas Cowboys 35 to 31 in Super Bowl XIII.
January 22nd, 1973
- George Foreman TKO’s Joe Frazier to win the heavyweight boxing title.
January 23rd, 1979
- Willie Mays is selected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
January 24th, 1901
- The first baseball games were played in US baseball’s American League.
January 25th, 1945
- Dan Topping, Larry MacPhail, and Del Webb purchase the New York Yankees baseball franchise for $2.8 million.
Written by: David Green