Last Updated: September 1, 2022
Burning Man Trivia
It is Burning Man week and what better way to celebrate, other than going, than a Burning Man trivia challenge?!
- 1. What was the date of the first Burning Man?
- 2. Where was Burning Man originally held?
- 3. Name four of the founders?
- 4. In what year did Burning Man take place in both the original location and the Black Rock desert?
- 5. What is the speed limit at Burning Man past the main gate?
- 6. Approximately, how many people attended Burning Man in 2019?
- 7. What is the theme on Tuesdays?
- 8. What is the theme on Wednesdays?
- 9. What is the theme on Fridays?
- 10. Prior to the current year, what were the only two things you could buy at Burning Man?
- 11. In 2022, what will be the only thing you can buy?
- 12. What two structures are burned at Burning Man and on which days?
- 13. While official law enforcement patrols Burning Man, what is the name for the authorities that enforce Burning Man rules?
- 14. What are the Ten Principles of Burning Man?
- 15. What is the four-letter code and frequency of the Burning Man radio station?
- 16. What does MOOP stand for?
- 17. Not counting Center Camp, how many Plazas are there?
- 18. How much water is recommended to bring per day per person?
- 19. What is the 2022 Burning Man theme?
- 20. How did NPR describe the current state of Burning Man in 2019?
- 1. June 22 (summer solstice), 1986
- 2. Baker Beach, San Francisco
- 3. Larry Harvey, John Law, Jerry James and Michael Mikel
- 4. 1990
- 5. 5 mph
- 6. 80,000
- 7. Tutu Tuesday
- 8. White Wednesday
- 9. Fishnet Fridays
- 10. Beverages (mainly coffee, tea, and lemonade) and ice.
- 11. Ice
- 12. The Man is burned on 7th evening (Saturday) and the Temple on the final evening (Sunday).
- 13. Earth guardians.
- 14. Radical inclusion, gifting, decommodification, radical self-reliance, radical self-expression, communal effort, civic responsibility, leaving no trace, participation, immediacy
- 15. KMIR, 94.5 FM
- 16. Matter out of place
- 17. Nine
- 18. 1.5 gallons
- 19. Waking Dreams
- 20. “Once considered an underground gathering for bohemians and free spirits of all stripes, Burning Man has since evolved into a destination for social media influencers, celebrities and the Silicon Valley elite.” (source: Federal Clampdown On Burning Man Imperils Festival's Free Spirit Ethos, Say Burners)