100% Welcome Bonus
200% + 100 Free Spins
$11000 Welcome Bonus
Last Updated: December 29, 2018
On This Page
Top Card is another name for the game Dragon Tiger, a simple game based on betting which of two random cards will be higher in rank. Instead of having Dragon and Tiger cards, there are Home and Away cards. A tie nicely pays 11 to 1, as opposed to the stingy 8 to 1 that Dragon Tiger usually pays.
The game can be played at Internet casinos offering live dealer games by Evolution Gaming.
- Any number of standard decks can be used. For this analysis, I shall assume eight.
- Cards are ranked as in poker, except aces are always low.
- A single card is given to each of the Home and Away hands.
- The primary bets are on which hand will get the higher card. Wins pay even money. In the event of a tie, both bets lose half.
- The player may also bet on a tie, which pays 11 to 1.
The Home and Away bets will win if the chosen hand gets the higher card. Ties lose half. The following return table shows a house edge of 3.73%.
Home and Away
The Tie bet will win if the Dragon and Tiger cards are equal in rank. Wins pay 11 to 1. The following table shows a house edge of 10.36%.
Hypothetically, here is what the house edge would be on the Tie bet at various pays from 8 to 12 to 1.
Tie House Edge
I would stick to the Dragon and Tiger bets since they offer the lowest house edge. Please note the odds are a lot better in baccarat.
Written by: Michael Shackleford