100% Welcome Bonus
$11000 Welcome Bonus
$3000 Welcome Bonus
Last Updated: May 16, 2016
On This Page
Siete y Media
Siete y Media, meaning Seven and a Half in English, is a table game I noticed in November, 2011, at the Conrad casino in Punta del Este, Uruguay. The closest game to compare it to would be blackjack.
- The game uses 40-card decks, with all eights, nines, and tens removed.
- Aces count as one point, 2 to 7 according to pip value, and all face cards are half a point.
- The object is to get more points than the dealer, without going over 7.5.
- After making a wager, the player and dealer will each receive one card face up.
- The player's options are to stand or hit. The player may hit as much as he wishes.
- If the player goes over 7.5 points he busts and automatically loses.
- After the player has finished, the dealer will draw cards until he has 5 or more points.
- If the dealer goes over 7.5 points, then any remaining players shall win.
- If both player and dealer have 7.5 points or less, then the hand with more points shall win.
- All wins pay even money. A tie shall result in a push.
The following table shows the basic strategy for an 8-deck game.
I don't know how many decks the game is typically played with. When I saw the game at the Conrad it was closed at the time. So, here is the house edge for one to eight decks.
Written by: Michael Shackleford