On This Page
Hot Shooter Jackpot
The Hot Shooter Jackpot is a craps side bet found on some Roll to Win electronic craps games. I hear it can be found at the Harrah's Cherokee in North Carolina. The bet pays based on the number of times the shooter rolls the dice.
- The bet is made when a new shooter takes the dice.
- The bet pays according to the number of times the shooter rolls the dice. In other words, the number of rolls before a seven-out and one more for the seven-out itself.
- The pay table is as follows:
- 51+ rolls pays 100 for 1.
- 45 to 50 rolls pays 30 for 1.
- 40 to 44 rolls pays 12 for 1.
- 32 to 39 rolls pays 7 for 1.
- 24 to 31 rolls pays 5 for 1.
- 8 to 15 rolls pays 1 for 1 (in other words, a push).
- 2 to 7 rolls (1 is impossible) is a loss
The following table shows the probability and contribution to the return for all possible outcomes. Wins are on a "for one" basis. The lower right cell shows an expected return of 90.10%. In other words, a house edge of 9.90%.
Table 1 — List of Bets
|45 to 50||30||0.001062||0.031846|
|40 to 44||12||0.001976||0.023715|
|32 to 39||7||0.008566||0.059963|
|24 to 31||5||0.027973||0.139865|
|16 to 23||3||0.091300||0.273900|
|8 to 15||1||0.297425||0.297425|
|2 to 7||0||0.570956||0.000000|
Number of rolls in craps — Page shows the probability of a shooter in craps sevens-out after any given number of rolls, up to 200.
Discussion of the Hot Shooter Jackpot in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.
Written by: Michael Shackleford