On This Page
The Top Ten Greatest MLB Center Fielders of All Time
10.) Oscar Charleston
- Oscar Charleston played for the Indianapolis ABC’s, the Lincoln Stars, the Chicago American Giants, the Detroit Stars, the St. Louis Giants, the Harrisburg Giants, the Hilldale Club, the Pittsburgh Crawfords, the Toledo Crawfords, Indianapolis Crawfords, and the Philadelphia Stars.
- 3 Time East – West All Star Game Selection (1933, 1934, 1935)
- Member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame (1976)
9.) Duke Snider
- Duke Snider played for the Brooklyn Dodgers, the Los Angeles Dodgers, the New York Mets, and the San Francisco Giants.
- 2 Time World Series Champion (1955, 1959)
- National League Home Run Leader (1956)
8.) Cool Papa Bell
- Cool Papa Bell played for the St. Louis Stars, the Detroit Wolves, the Kansas City Monarchs, the Santo Domingo, the Homestead Grays, the Pittsburgh Crawfords, the Mexican League, the Memphis Red Sox, and the Chicago American Giants.
- 8 Time All Star (1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1942, 1942, 1943, 1944)
- Lifetime Batting Average of .337
7.) Tris Speaker
- Tris Speaker played for the Boston Americans / Boston Red Sox, the Cleveland Indians, the Washington Senators, and the Philadelphia Athletics.
- 3 Time World Series Champion (1912, 1915, 1920)
- American League MVP (1912)
6.) Mike Trout
- Mike Trout played for the Los Angeles Angels from 2011 to the present.
- 3 Time American League MVP (2014, 2016, 2019)
- American League Rookie of the Year Award (2012)
5.) Joe DiMaggio
- Joe DiMaggio played for the New York Yankees from 1936 to 1942 and from 1946 to 1951.
- 9 Time World Series Champion (1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951)
- 3 Time American League MVP (1939, 1941, 1947)
4.) Ken Griffey Jr.
- Ken Griffey Jr. played for the Seattle Mariners, the Cincinnati Reds, and the Chicago White Sox.
- American League MVP (1997)
- Nation League Comeback Player of the Year Award (2005)
3.) Ty Cobb
- Ty Cobb played for the Detroit Tigers and the Philadelphia Athletics.
- American League MVP (1911)
- Triple Crown (1909)
2.) Mickey Mantle
- Mickey Mantle played for the New York Yankees from 1951 to 1968.
- 7 Time World Series Champion (1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962)
- Triple Crown (1956)
1.) Willie Mays
- Willie Mays played for the Birmingham Black Barons, the New York Giants, the San Francisco Giants, and the New York Mets.
- World Series Champion (1954)
- 2 Time National League MVP (1954, 1965)
Written by: David Green