Last Updated: January 19, 2023
This week we celebrate Chinese New Year! 2023 welcomes the Year of the Rabbit. To celebrate rabbits, please enjoy my trivia challenge on rabbits in popular culture!
- 1. What is the name of former vice president Mike Pense’s pet rabbit and the subject of two best-selling books?
- 2. Which rabbit appeared in a 1942 Disney movie and what was the name of the movie?
- 3. In the Winnie-the-Pooh anthology, whom does Rabbit dislike?
- 4. What battery company has a bunny as a mascot?
- 5. What do kids say to the Trix Rabbit, when he tries to trick them into giving him their cereal?
- 6. In Alice in Wonderland, what does the White Rabbit wear?
- 7. According to the Jefferson Airplane song, White Rabbit, which chess talks backwards?
- 8. Jimmy Stewart starred in what 1950 movie about an invisible rabbit?
- 9. True or false – Any model who appeared in Playboy magazine is referred to as a “Playboy bunny”?
- 10. Which children’s book contains the line, “Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.“
- 11. Why is a bunny a symbol of easter?
- 12. Bugs Bunny would often get lost because he took a wrong left turn where?
- 13. Hazel in the main character in what book about a society of rabbits?
- 14. The title of what Elton John song includes the word “rabbit”?
- 15. What are the five “Rabbit” books by John Updike?
- 1. Marlin Bundo
- 2. Thumper appeared in the movie Bambi.
- 3. Tigger
- 4. Energizer
- 5. “Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!”
- 6. A waistcoat and pocket watch.
- 7. The white knight.
- 8. Harvey
- 9. False. One must be a centerfold model to be a true Playboy bunny.
- 10. The Velveteen Rabbit
- 11. Besides the story of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, easter is also a celebration of the spring equinox. Since spring is a time of rebirth, a rabbit makes a good symbol, which multiply quickly, especially in the spring.
- 12. Albuquerque
- 13. Watership Down
- 14. Jack Rabbit
- 15. Rabbit, Run; Rabbit Redux; Rabbit is Rich; Rabbit at Rest; Rabbit Remembered