49 Gold Rush
49 Gold Rush is a game based on a 6-49 lottery. In addition to the usual bet based on picking six numbers, there are a host of side bets, meriting this special page here. A new game begins every 49 seconds.
You may play 49 Gold Rush at Internet casinos using Gluck Games software.
The game uses 49 balls, numbered 1 to 49. There are six categories of bet types, as follows. All wins are on a "for one" basis.
- Lotto — This is the standard way of playing the lottery or keno, where the player picks numbers and hope they match that of the draw. In 49 Gold Rush the player must pick exactly six numbers. The pay table is as follows:
- 6 — Pays 100000
- 5 — Pays 1200
- 4 — Pays 60
- 3 — Pays 12
- 2 — Pays 1.5
- 1 — Pays 0.5
- Color Wars — This are bets based on the colors of the balls drawn. In all honesty, they spell color with a letter u, but this American can't stand to spell it that way. The distribution of colors is 16 reds, 16 oranges, 16 blues, and one yellow. The bets are as follows. A description of the bet follows the name followed by what it pays.
- Red dominates — Four or more reds — Pays 11.1
- Orange dominates — Four or more oranges — Pays 11.1
- Purple dominates — Four or more purples — Pays 11.1
- No reds — Pays 11.25
- No oranges — Pays 11.25
- No purples — Pays 11.25
- No dominant color — Pays 1.22
- Sum Range — Bets based on the sum of the six balls drawn. The available bets in this category are:
- Over 160 — Pays 2.39
- Total 120 to 159 — Pays 2.16
- Total 64 to 119 — Pays 5.12
- Under 160 — Pays 270
- Odd Even — Bets based on whether the individual balls, as well as the sum, are odd or even. The available bets in this category are:
- Even sum — Pays 1.86
- Odd sum — Pays 1.85
- All even balls — Pays 89.35
- All odd balls — Pays 67.91
- Lucky 49 — These two bets are based on whether the number 49 will be drawn. The available bets in this category are:
- 49 will be drawn — Pays 4.5
- Exact position of 49 (1st to 6th) — Pays 42.14
- 1st vs. 6th — Bets based on the whether the first ball drawn is higher/lower than the sixth as well as whether all six are in ascending or descending order. The available bets in this category are:
- 1st lower than 6th — Pays 1.86
- 1st higher than 6th — Pays 1.86
- Ascending order — Pays 576
- Descending order — Pays 576
The following table shows my analysis of the Lotto bet. The lower right cell shows a return of 73.47%.
Color Wars Analysis
The following table shows my analysis of all Color Wars bets. The number of combinations is out of a possible 13,983,816 that win. As a reminder for a color to "dominate" it must have four or more balls drawn of that color. The table shows the best bet in this category is no dominant color with a return of 92.87%.
Color Wars Analysis
|No dominant color||1.22||10,644,480||0.761200||0.928664|
Sum Range Analysis
The following table shows my analysis of all Sum Range bets. The number of combinations is out of a possible 13,983,816 that win. The table shows the best bet in this category is on a total of 120 to 159, with a return of 92.99%.
Sum Range Analysis
|Total 120 to 159||2.16||6,020,208||0.430513||0.929907|
|Total 64 to 119||5.12||2,485,950||0.177773||0.910200|
The following table shows my analysis of all Odd/Even bets. The number of combinations is out of a possible 13,983,816 that win. The table shows the best bet in this category is on an even sum, with a return of 92.99%.
|All even balls||89.35||134,596||0.009625||0.860005|
|All odd balls||67.91||177,100||0.012665||0.860056|
The following table shows my analysis of all Lucky 49 bets. The number of permutations is out of a possible 10,068,347,520 that win. The reason I use permutations, as opposed to combinations, is that order sometimes matter. The table shows the best bet in this category is a 49 in any given position, with a return of 86.00%. Why the win is so low for a 49 in any position, resulting a return of 55.10% only, I don't know.
Lucky 49 Analysis
|49 will be drawn||4.5||1,232,858,880||0.122449||0.551020|
|Exact position of 49||42.14||205,476,480||0.020408||0.860000|
1st vs. 6th
The following table shows my analysis of all 1st vs. 6th bets. The number of permutations is out of a possible 10,068,347,520 that win. The reason I use permutations, as opposed to combinations, is that order matter. The table shows the best bet in this category is on the 1st ball lower/higher than the 6th, with a return of 93.00%.
1st vs. 6th Analysis
|1st lower than 6th||1.86||5,034,173,760||0.500000||0.930000|
|1st higher than 6th||1.86||5,034,173,760||0.500000||0.930000|
If you must play, the best bet is on the 1st ball to be higher/lower than the 6th, with a return of 93.00%. If you want more of a bet selection, just avoid the bet on a 49 to be drawn (in any position) with a return of 55.10% (ouch!).
Lottery Sums — The probability of any given sum of all six balls drawn in a 6/49 lottery.
Written by:Michael Shackleford