3 Card Super Shot Poker
3 Card Super Shot is the same thing as basic Three Card Poker, but with different side bets. It is marketed by Aces Up Gaming. Here are known placements as of June 27, 2018:
- Saratoga — Blackhawk Colorado
- Century — Central City Colorado
3 Card Money
|AKQ other suit||500|
|Three of a kind||90|
In addition, there is a $100 envy bonus for a mini royal in Spades and a $25 envy bonus for mini royals in other suits.
- A single 52-card deck is used.
- Hands are ranked as follows:
- Straight flush
- Three of a kind
- Ace high or less
- Play starts with the player making the Ante bet. At this time side bets, explained later, may be made.
- The dealer gives each player three cards and himself three cards. The player may examine his own cards. The dealer's cards are dealt face down.
- The player must either fold or raise the Ante bet.
- If the player folds, then he forfeits his Ante wager.
- If the player raises, then he must make an additional Play bet, equal exactly to his Ante bet.
- The dealer will turn over his cards.
- The dealer needs a queen high or better to qualify.
- If the dealer does not qualify, then the player will win even money on the Ante bet and the Play bet will push.
- If the dealer qualifies, then the player's hand will be compared to the dealer's hand, the higher hand wins.
- If the player has the higher poker hand, then the Ante and Play will both pay even money.
- If the dealer has the higher poker hand, then the Ante and Play will both lose.
- If the player and dealer tie, then the Ante and Play bets will push.
- the player made the Ante bet and has a straight or higher, then the player will receive a Play Bonus, regardless of the value of the dealer's hand.
- The Flush Plus side bet pays based on the player's hand only as shown in the following pay table. Pays are on a "to one" basis.
Bet Pays Straight flush 60 Three of a kind 50 Straight 9 Flush 6
- Super Shot Any Pair side bet pays 4 to 1 if the player gets a pair and 44 to 1 for a three of a kind. The rules at the table are not phrased this way, but it works out the same. In addition, if the dealer gets a three of a kind, the dealer gets a bonus equal to the bet amount.
- The 6 Card Super 6 Bonus side bet pays based on the six cards between the player and dealer hands. Except for the three pair, the highest poker hand using five of the six cards will determine the win. The pay table is as follows. Pays are on a "to one" basis.
6 Card Super 6 Bonus
Bet Pays Royal flush 1000 Straight flush 200 Four of a kind 125 Three pair 30 Full house 25 Flush 20 Straight 15
- The 6 Card Super Shot Trips side bet pays based on the six cards between the player and dealer hands. The highest poker hand using five of the six cards will determine the win. If that best poker hand is a three of a kind, full house, or four of a kind, then the 6 Card Super 6 Bonus shall pay 20 to 1.
- The 3 Card Money bet pays based on the player hand only. The bet amount is fixed at $1 and all pays are on a "to one" basis.
As in Three Card Poker, the optimal strategy is to raise with a poker value of Q-6-4 or higher, otherwise fold.
The following table shows my analysis of the Ante bet. The amount in the "Pays" column is the net win or loss after considering the Play bet and Play Bonus. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 3.37%.
|Player wins with straight flush||7||617,044||0.001515||0.010608|
|Player has straight flush, dealer doesn't qualify||6||266,196||0.000654||0.003923|
|Player wins with three of a kind||6||665,776||0.001635||0.009811|
|Player ties with straight flush||5||144||0.000000||0.000002|
|Player has three of a kind, dealer doesn't qualify||5||288,960||0.000710||0.003548|
|Player ties with three of a kind||4||0||0.000000||0.000000|
|Player loses with straight flush||3||968||0.000002||0.000007|
|Player wins with straight||3||8,975,484||0.022044||0.066131|
|Player loses with three of a kind||2||3,312||0.000008||0.000016|
|Player has straight, dealer doesn't qualify||2||4,001,004||0.009826||0.019653|
|Player wins with flush or less||2||87,096,380||0.213906||0.427813|
|Player ties with straight||1||18,288||0.000045||0.000045|
|Player has flush or less, dealer doesn't qualify||1||80,937,492||0.198780||0.198780|
|Player ties with flush or less||0||249,216||0.000612||0.000000|
|Player loses with straight||-1||270,504||0.000664||-0.000664|
|Player loses with flush or less||-2||91,126,832||0.223805||-0.447610|
The following table shows my analysis of the 6 Card Super 6 Bonus bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 8.11%.
6 Card Super 6 Bonus
|Four of a kind||125||14,664||0.000720||0.090036|
The following table shows my analysis of the 6 Card Super Shot Trips bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 5.84%.
6 Card Super Shot Trips Analysis
|Four of a kind||20||14,664||0.000720||0.014406|
|Three of a kind||20||732,160||0.035963||0.719266|
The following table shows my analysis of the Flush Plus bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 7.46%.
Flush Plus Analysis
|Three of a kind||50||52||0.002353||0.117647|
The following table shows my analysis of the Super Shot Any Pair bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 4.71%.
Super Shot Any Pair Analysis
|Three of a kind||44||52||0.002353||0.103529|
In addition, the value to the dealer of the dealer three of a kind bonus is 0.24%.
The following table shows my analysis of the 3 Card Money bet, before considering the envy bonuses. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 24.34%.
3 Card Money Analysis — Without Envy Bonuses
|AKQ other suit||500||3||0.000136||0.067873|
|Three of a kind||90||52||0.002353||0.211765|
In addition, the house edge is lowered by 0.79% for every additional player at the table, because of the value of the envy bonuses. The following table shows the house edge by total number of players, including yourself.
3 Card Money Analysis — With Envy Bonuses
Discussion about 3 Card Super Shot in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.
Written by:Michael Shackleford