On This Page
This Day in Sports History (12/20/2020 – (12/26/2020)
December 20th, 1966
- NBA awards Seattle Supersonics a franchise for the 1967 – 1968 NBA season.
December 21st, 1941
- The Chicago Bears win the NFL championship as Ray McLean makes last NFL drop kick for an extra point.
December 22nd, 1962
- 1,000,000th point scored in the NBA.
December 23rd, 1972
- The "Immaculate Reception" of the Pittsburgh Steelers turns around a 7 to 6 defeat with a last second touchdown reception against the Oakland Raiders to win 13 to 7.
December 24th, 1961
- The Houston Oilers defeated the San Diego Chargers 10 to 3 in the AFL championship game.
December 25th, 1888
- The first indoor baseball game is played at the fairgrounds in Philadelphia.
December 26th, 1919
- The New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox come to an agreement on the transfer of the historic slugger Babe Ruth.
Written by: David Green