On This Page
This Day in Sports History (11/29/2020 – (12/5/2020)
November 29th, 1934
- The Chicago Bears defeated the Detroit Lions in first ever NFL game nationally broadcasted.
November 30th, 1948
- American Baseball's Negro National League disbands.
December 1st, 1971
- The Chicago Cubs release Ernie Banks as a player, and they signed him as a coach for the Chicago Cubs.
December 2nd, 1993
- The Houston Rockets tie the NBA record of starting 15 - 0.
December 3rd, 1956
- Wilt Chamberlain plays in his first collegiate basketball game and he scores 52 points.
December 4th, 1920
- The first professional football playoff game is played between Buffalo – 7 and Canton – 3 at the Polo Grounds Stadium.
December 5th, 1908
- The first time ever football uniform numerals are used. The University of Pittsburgh was the first to do so.
Written by: David Green