On This Page
This Day in Sports History (11/24/2019 – 11/30/2019)
November 24th, 1960
- Wilt Chamberlain collects 55 rebounds in a game which is an NBA record.
November 25th, 1980
- Sugar Ray Leonard defeated Duran to regain his WBC welterweight championship title.
November 26th, 1896
- The first large indoor football game was played between University of Chicago defeated the University of Michigan 7 – 6.
November 27th, 1947
- Joe DiMaggio wins his third Most Valuable Player Award as he beat out Ted Williams by only one vote.
November 28th, 1925
- NHL goalie Georges Vezina collapses during a game.
November 29th, 1934
- The Chicago Bears defeated the Detroit Lions in the first NFL game to be broadcasted nationally.
November 30th, 1959
- Joe Foss becomes the first commissioner of the AFL.
Written by: David Green