Las Vegas Trivia
As usual, in the era of the Corona Virus, I find it hard to have any adventures worth writing about. So, I will challenge you with more trivia! This time the topic shall be my own Las Vegas.
- What is the oldest casino building in Las Vegas (name changes allowed)?
- What is the oldest casino in Las Vegas, always under the same name?
- In downtown Las Vegas, which street would you find between 4th street and 6th street?
- What does the Chinese game "pai gow," mean in English?
- What does the Spanish "Las Vegas," mean in English?
- Other than the Stratosphere, what is the tallest building in Las Vegas?
- Which James Bond movie took place, in large part, in Las Vegas?
- What is the deadliest day in Las Vegas history?
- On which two events is the Las Vegas Blvd. closed temporarily?
- In what "census designated place" does the famous part of the Las Vegas Strip (from Mandalay Bay to Sahara) belong to?
- Which was the first topless show in Las Vegas?
- What was the first fully integrated casino in Las Vegas?
- What was the first casino built on the Strip?
- Which casino incorrectly claimed to have the "most liberal blackjack rules" for years?
- Which TWO Rocky movies featured fights in Las Vegas?
(Scroll down for the answers)
- Golden Gate (opened in 1906).
- Las Vegas Blvd.
- Make nine.
- The meadows.
- The Drew (formerly Fontainebleau).
- Diamonds are Forever.
- Nov 21, 1980 (MGM fire, which killed 85). By comparison, the Oct 1, 2017 shooting killed 58.
- New Year's Eve and the Las Vegas Marathon.
- Minsky's Follies (started January 10, 1957 at the Dunes).
- Moulin Rouge (which means “red windmill” in French).
- El Rancho.
- Las Vegas Club.
- Rocky IV (Apollo Creed vs. Drago @ MGM Grand) and Rocky Balboa (Rocky vs. Mason Dixon @ Mandalay Bay).