On This Page
Dead or Alive Saloon
Dead or Alive Saloon is a simple card game by Evolution Gaming, a supplier of live dealer games for Internet casinos.
- The game consists of a special 104-card deck consisting of the following cards:
- All 52 cards in a standard deck of cards.
- 20 cards labeled 20x
- 19 cards labeled 30x
- 3 cards labeled 50x
- 1 card labeled 100x
- 6 cards labeled Bounty
- 3 cards labeled Double
- Play begins by the player betting on any of the standard 52 cards. The player may bet on as many cards as he wishes.
- After betting is closed, the dealer will deal cards from the shoe until a regular playing card is dealt.
- The Potential Win shall start at 20.
- If the dealer deals a Multiplier Card (20x, 30x, 50x, 100x), the value of that multiplier shall be added to the Potential Win.
- If the dealer deals a Bounty card, the game shall go to a different screen, with the player choosing from one of three face down cards. After the choice is made, the three cards shall be revealed, each showing a multiplier. The value of the chosen multiplier shall be added to the Potential Win.
- If the dealer deals a Double card, then the Potential Win to that point shall be doubled. Note that the Double card will not double future wins.
- When the dealer eventually deals a regular card, bets on that number shall pay the Potential Win.
- Win are on a "for one" basis.
The game rules do not state much about the possible Bounty Cards. The example shown above shows three values of 10, 50, and 100. However, I believe there are other possibilities. Evolution does kindly disclose the return to player (RTP) for the overall game is 97.02%. To get to this average, I assume an average Bounty win of 41.2.
It's easy to see the probability of winning is 1 in 52, because there can be one winning card only. When a bet does win, the average win is 49.48 for 1.
I find the standard deviation to be about 9.71, based on an educated guess of the possible wins for the Bounty cards.
- Neil with Live Casino Comparer for his help with this page.
- Evolution Gaming for the game images, taken from their promotional material.
Written by:Michael Shackleford