Venetian Termination Statement
Let it be known I am no longer working for the Venetian. It would be an understatement to say that my feelings about the termination are acrimonious.
I would like to tell the whole story, but I signed a confidentiality agreement when I started, so I will stick to simple statements of fact regarding my employment.
Here is the executive summary.
- I started with the Sands corporation on April 30, 2012. My job title was Director of Gaming Mathematics. Physically, I worked in the Venetian, but my job was at the corporate level, pertaining to all things table games in all the Sands casinos worldwide.
- To make room in my schedule for the Sands, I had to close and sacrifice my consulting business.
- Four months later after starting, on September 10, 2012, I was suddenly told my position no longer existed and was asked to immediately clear out my desk, turn in my keys and badge, and given an explanation of the exit process.
- My termination form said was I let go because my position was eliminated. My rehire recommendation was checked "yes."
- Some severance pay was offered, which I rejected based on the amount and conditions attached to it.
Due to the confidentiality agreement, I will not get into further details. However, I wish to state publicly that I am no longer with the company and am open for business again as a game designer and consultant.