Henderson/Lake Mead Nickel Slot Return Percentages
The following table ranks the casinos of Henderson according to the looseness of their video display reeled nickel slot machines. Henderson spans a large area just south and east of Las Vegas. All the casinos listed are within Henderson except the Hacienda, which according to my map is in the Lake Mead Recreation Area. An explanation of the methodology of this survey can be found in Appendix 3A ranking the Las Vegas casinos.
Henderson/Lake Mead 5 cent machines
|4||Hyatt Regency - Lake Las Vegas||91.14%|
|5||Green Valley Ranch||91.11%|
Voluntary exclusion: The Fiesta Henderson did not allow my associate to take notes while playing their slots. I can not include any casino that is not cooperative with the survey. I will honor any requests for exclusion.
Insufficient sample: The Hacienda only had one kind of machine that I test for, which I consider to be too small a sample. Based on the one game they did have the return was 93.50%.
I would like to thank Par Sheet Pete (not his real name) for providing the par sheets, without which this project would not have been possible. I would also like to thank Rob Feldheim for his help collecting data.
- Appendix 1 shows the details and analysis of almost 4000 actual spins on a Reno slot machine.
- Appendix 2 shows an example of the virtual reels behind a hypothetical slot machine and how the average return is calculated.
- Appendix 3A: 2003 Las Vegas slot machine rankings.
- Appendix 3B: 2002 Jean/Primm slot machine rankings.
- Appendix 3C: 2002 Tunica slot machine rankings.
- Appendix 3D: 2002 Henderson/Lake Mead slot machine rankings.
- Appendix 3E: 2002 Quarter and dollar returns for Las Vegas slots
- Appendix 4 shows how the return is calculated for my Wizard's Fruit Slot Machine.
- Appendix 5 analysis of the 21 Bell Slot Machine.
- Appendix 6 Analysis of Red, White, & Blue Slot Machine.
- Lock and Roll analysis of the skill-based slot machine found in North Carolina.
- Deconstructing Megabucks.
- Baltimore Sun article, in which I am quoted.