Gambling with an Edge
Last update: Jan. 31, 2014
Gambling with an Edge premiered on Feb. 3, 2011 on KLAV radio (1230 AM) in Las Vegas. The show started with co-hosts Bob Dancer and Frank Kneeland. Later, Richard Munchkin replaced Frank, then I replaced Richard, and then Richard returned replacing me. This page contains podcosts of the shows during my one-year term as co-host and return visits.
- 01/30/14 — I'm the guest. The topic is Super Bowl prop bets.
- 11/14/2013 — I'm the guest. The topic is half-point parlay cards.
- 09/26/2013 — I'm the guest. The topic is the new games at the 2013 Global Gaming Expo. Please note that my analysis of Amir Lehavot's financial position in the World Series of Poker was incorrect. You can use my poker tournament calculator to get the correct analysis.
- 06/27/2013 — Our guest is Kevin Lewis on the video poker scene in Reno.
- 05/09/2013 — Our guest is Brad Fredella, Manager of Gaming Analytics for United Coin Machine Company and the Gamblers Bonus group of properties.
- 03/28/2013 — I'm the guest.
- 01/24/2013 — Our guest is actress Angela Wyman.
- 01/17/2013 — Our guest is Ted Stratton.
- 01/10/2013 — Our guest is Stanford Wong.
- 01/03/2013 — Our guest is Mark Billings.
- 12/27/2012 — Our guest is Michael Konik.
- 12/20/2012 — Our guest is John Chang.
- 12/13/2012 — Our guest is Bob Nersesian.
- 12/06/2012 — Our guest is Eliot Jacobson.
- 11/29/2012 — Our guest is Bob Nersesian.
- No new show on Nov. 22, due to Thanksgiving.
- 11/15/2012 — Our guest is Willie Alison.
- 11/08/2012 — Our guest is Arnold Snyder.
- 11/01/2012 — Our guests are Staci Alonso and Chris Brune.
- 10/25/2012 — Our guest is Brian McAllister.
- 10/18/2012 — Our guest is "your friendly announcer" Kelly Flynn.
- 10/11/2012 — Our guests are Holy Rollers Ben and Colin.
- 10/4/2012 — Our guest is Brian McAllister
- 9/27/2012 — Our guest is Mike Fields of Action Gaming/VideoPoker.com (part 2)
- 9/20/2012 — Our guest is Mike Fields of Action Gaming/VideoPoker.com (part 1)
- 9/13/2012 — Our guest is Nathanial Tilton. Richard Munchkin fills in for me this week.
- 9/6/2012 — Our guest is I. Nelson Rose.
- 8/30/2012 — Our guest is Steve Fezzik.
- 8/23/2012 — Our guest is Richard Munchkin.
- 8/16/2012 — Our guest is Buddy Frank, slot director at the Pechanga casino.
- 8/9/2012 — Our guest is Anne Freid-Lefton, the Tax Gal , who talks about tax strategies for professional gamblers.
- 8/2/2012 — Bob, Munch, and I talk about game show strategy.
- 7/26/2012 — Bob tells his story of how to cheat to get on Jeopardy.
- 7/19/2012 — Our guest is "Hollywood" Dave Stann, author of Hollywood Blackjack .
- 7/12/2012 — Our guest is Ed Miller as Arnold Snyder fills in for me while I'm climbing Mount Whitney.
- 7/5/2012 — Our planned guest cancelled and we couldn't find a replacement on short notice, so Bob interviewed me.
- 6/28/2012 — Our guest is Stephen How of the web site DiscountGambling.net .
- 6/21/2012 — Our guest is Arnold Synder again. This week we focus on his sequel Poker Tournament Formula 2 .
- 6/14/2012 — Our guest is Arnold Synder, who should need no introduction. We talk about his book Poker Tournament Formula .
- 6/7/2012 — Our guest is sports-betting expert Jason Been. Jason is the first guest to be on twice with Bob and me.
- 5/31/2012 — Our guest is Frank Kneeland, author of The Secret World Of Video Poker Progressives and original co-host of this show.
- 5/24/2012 — Our guest is Geoff Hall, inventor of Blackjack Switch, and advantage player in blackjack, poker, and backgammon.
- 5/17/2012 — Our guest is Roger Snow, vice president of product development at Shuffle Master .
- 5/10/2012 — Our guest is Bob Nersesian, attorney to the advantage players and author of Beat the Players.
- 5/3/2012 — Our guest is Nolan Dala, media director of the World Series of Poker.
- 4/26/2012 — Our guest is former host, Richard Munchkin. Richard tells some stories from his long and interesting career as a professional gambler.
- 4/19/2012 — Our guest is Mark Gruetze , gambling writer for the Pittsburgh Tribute-Review. We talk a lot about gaming stories in the news, the gambling scene in Pennsylvania, and cheating Internet software.
- 4/12/2012 — Our guest is Don Schlesinger, author of Blackjack Attack — Playing the Pros' Way. Don is another blackjack great to be on the show and we talk about a variety of topics from the Illustrious 18 to the current state of blackjack today.
- 4/5/2012 — Our guest is Beth Anne Uston, daughter of the legendary Ken Uston. We talk a lot about her father and his remarkable life.
- 3/29/2012 — Our guest is Michael Gaughan, a long-time Vegas casino owner, and current owner of the South Point.
- 3/22/2012 — Our guest is Stanford Wong. If my count is right, this is Stanford's fifth time on the show, which beats my record before co-hosting. The topic this time is sports betting.
- 3/15/2012 — Our guest is Shirley Dancer. Shirley is the often mentioned but seldom seen wife of Bob Dancer. Many of Bob's articles are based on events that happened to the two of them. Now we get a chance to meet the woman behind the stories.
- 3/8/2012 — Our guest is Blackjack Traveler. BT is a a world-traveling advantage player, in search of strong opportunities in parts often deemed dangerous. He shares some of his interesting stories from the road.
- 3/1/2012 — Our guest is Eliot Jacobson. Eliot is a Ph.D. mathematician and former advantage player. Now Eliot works as a consultant designing casino games, auditing Internet casinos, and advising on game security. On the show we ask Eliot about switching sides and the latest advantage plays, among other topics.
- 2/23/2012 — Our guest is Michael Bluejay of VegasClick.com . Michael's specialty is how to live on a tight budget, especially when visiting Las Vegas. He offers lots of advice on lodging, eating, and gambling in Vegas, among other topics. If the name seems familiar, Michael was my webmaster and advertising salesman for several years, and author of my page on Flip It.
- 2/16/2012 — Our guest is Dollie Wong, the cocktail waitress behind cocktaildoll.com and cocktaildoll.blogspot.com . Dollie doesn't hold anything back as she answers our questions about cocktailing, and turns the heat back on us at times. I hear the radio broadcast had to be censored several times but we have the original recording here.
- 2/9/2012 — Our guest is Josh Axelrad, author of Repeat Until Rich. Josh's book, and our interview, are about his experiences on a card-counting team, including a honest look at the dark side of that world. The show starts at the 1:05 point.
- 2/2/2012 — Our guest is handicapper Jason Been. We talk about the upcoming Super Bowl and other topics in sports betting. You may stop writing about the "Name that Tune" question posed. The answer is Mahna Mahna.
The infamous "no safety" bet discussed on the 2/9/2012 show. Thanks a lot, Tom Brady.
For shows prior to my debut, and after I left, please visit BobDancer.com . In particular, you'll find me as the guest on shows #1, 16, 40, and 51.
Are you an advantage player, who has something interesting to say, and want to be on the show? If so, write to me or Bob expressing your interest.
Reason #1 why the Wizard likes Bovada:
Excellent customer support
The thing that separates Bovada from the rest is its customer support. Many other online gaming companies outsource their support. It can be difficult getting a response from them, and if you do it is often slow and handled by somebody with little understanding of gambling or even of English. But Bovada’s support is handled by Bovada, and their support staff is actually knowledgeable and helpful.
I’m so confident that you’ll have a good experience with Bovada that if you have a problem getting paid and you can’t resolve it with them on your own, I’ll talk to them myself. I personally have known the Bovada management for about three years and always found them to be professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. I have also personally visited one of their call centers so I could see first-hand how they handle customer issues. (More on my mediation service.)
If you have a problem with any other casino besides Bovada, I can’t help you. I get complaints from players of other online casinos every day who have difficulty getting paid. However that isn’t my job nor my problem. If you play at Bovada after clicking through my site I’ll stand behind you 100%. Any place else and you’re on your own.