On This Page
Reason #3 why the Wizard likes Bovada: Excellent Odds
In my opinion many online casinos are too stingy when setting the odds on their games. They think they will make more money that way but I believe they are misguided, because when players lose too quickly it's not fun, and those players might not come back.
Bovada is one of the few casinos that understands this. They offer generous odds to let you play longer and get you a better chance of winning. Among their generous offerings are Full-Pay Jacks or Better returning 99.54%, five other video poker games paying over 99%, single-zero roulette, and my favorite, Double Jackpot Poker, returning 99.63%!
Kudos to Bovada for not being afraid to give their players a good gamble.
Play the first rule that applies.
One Way Only
If there is one play that is obviously the best, which will happen about 38% of the time, then play it. This happens when one play is superior to both alternatives in both the high and low.
PairsSplit pairs as follows:
- Gee Joon — Split only with 6-4, 6-5, 6-6.
- Pair of 2's or 12's — Split only with 9-11, or to make 6-8 or better.
- Pair of 5's — Split to make 7/7.
- Pair of 6's — Split to make 7/8 or better.
- Pair of 7's — Split to make 7/7 or better.
- Pair of 8's — Split to make 8/8 or better, and with 9-11.
- Pair of 9's — Split to make 9/9 or better.
- Pair of 4's, 10's, 11's — Never split.
Wong, Gong, and High-9
- If you have both high-2 and low-2, play the best high hand.
- Play the best low hand if it is worth 6 or 7 points and the tiles include a low-2 and/or high-8.
- Play Wong or Gong instead of High Nine if the fourth tile is a 4 or 5.
- Play High Nine, Gong, or Wong, in that order of preference.
- Play the best low hand if it is worth 5, 6, or 7 points.
- Play the best low hand if the best high hand is worth 5 points or less.
- Play the best low hand if the best high hand is worth 6 points, but its high tile ranks lower than a high-6.
- Play the best high hand with all other combinations.
House edge banking = 0.0694%.
House edge not banking = 1.8828%.
Combined average = 0.9761%.
I also have a printer friendly version of this strategy (PDF 5K).
This strategy was created by "JB."