Presidential Trivia Part 2
I love trivia! One of my favorite topics is US presidents. This week, I thought I would share some of the joy of presidential trivia with you.
- Who was the first president born in the United States – both geographically and chronologically.
- Which president was a classically trained pianist?
- Who was the first president to throw the ceremonial first pitch on baseball’s opening day?
- The first Siamese cat to arrive in the United States was a gift to which president?
- Which president was born on the Fourth of July?
- Which three presidents died on the Fourth of July?
- Name three presidents who donated their salary as president to charity?
- Which president and first lady hold the record for the longest marriage?
- How many presidents owned slaves while serving as president?
- How many presidents owned slaves at one time, but not while serving as president?
- Martin Van Burin – Our 8th president, born in Kinderhook, New York, in 1782. Previous presidents were born in the “American colonies.”
- Richard Nixon. He could also play the violin, clarinet, and saxophone.
- William Howard Taft, in 1910.
- Rutherford B. Hayes. “Siam” was sent to the White House as a gift from the American consulate in Bangkok.
- Calvin Coolidge, born July 4, 1872.
- Adams, Jefferson, and Monroe.
- Hoover, Kennedy, and Trump.
- Jimmy and Rosalynn carter, who were married July 7, 1946. This year they will celebrate their 75th anniversary.
- Eight – Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson, Tyler, Polk, and Taylor.
- Four – Van Buren, Harrison, Johnson, and Grant.