On This Page
Existing establishments and newly created business ventures alike are tending towards massive modernization of their services. After all, targeted potential users and clientele are constantly looking for ways to simplify their day-to-day tasks. As a result, major fields of corporative work have been subject to technological progress.
In order to improve…
…finances and capital management, financial and banking institutions have come up with all kinds of modern solutions. These range from the initial plastic cashless card options, through online banking, all the way to separate third party services which add to the layers of security and functionality.
…the entertainment industry has been just as focused on taking their content up a notch, and tech advancements have certainly made this happen. Notable progress has been achieved in games of chance and skill popular on the casino floors and poker rooms worldwide. With their reformatting into digitized online platforms, such establishments made further use and prompted even greater expansion in the finances field mentioned above.
Ultimately, such tendencies resulted in some recent services that bring out the best of both worlds. And one such is the AstroPay card.
AstroPay is a virtual prepaid card, owned and provided by AstroPay LLP Group not too far back in 2009. The company’s headquarters are located in London, UK, yet the service has primarily focused on foreign marketplaces. To be more exact, AstroPay is currently available in multiple countries across Latin America, as well as China.
The AstroPay service…
…is eligible to Asian and Latin American countries predominantly, although their number has increased significantly since the early days of the service. Nowadays, users from these countries and more can enjoy the perks of the service: United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Bolivia, Brazil, Cyprus, Colombia, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Greece, Croatia, Norway, Finland, Poland and UK. Payments can be made using any of the multiple currency options – USD, EUR, GBP, RMB, JPY, BRL, INR, TRY, THB, ARS among others, which speaks volumes of the service’s wide accessibility, convenience and user satisfaction.
The main product…
…of AstroPay is their prepaid virtual card. The ‘prepaid’ part of the name tells users that they will first need to decide how much money they will hold in the card, while its ‘virtual’ nature implies that it cannot be used elsewhere.
Both it and the more recent product are, just as expected, in line with all the country and currency coverage restrictions said to apply. While there is a specific procedure in obtaining the card, you would do well in knowing that it is available in different values. Thus, interested individuals nowadays can obtain an AstroPay prepaid card in the worth of $25, $50, $75, $100, $200 and $500 US dollars.
What is characteristic about it…
… is the fact that it cannot be reloaded, i.e. once you purchase the card with the prepaid credits on it, you will be able to use it only as long as it has available funds. More so, considering that it has a one-year expiration limit, users should additionally pay attention in order to make the most of it. Still, with plenty of payment options when it comes to purchasing the card, convenience has remained one of its strong suits.
… on the other hand, is a more recent product offering from the AstroPay Group company. It is a more direct payment solution that operates solely as a transaction processor. Users are able to access their regular online banking via AstroPay Direct and perform regular bank transfers, set against the background support of the service.
How to Obtain an AstroPay Prepaid Card?
In order to make use of the AstroPay virtual prepaid card, interested individuals must first go through a simple process of registration. Just follow the steps below and you should be able to go through the sign up in no time.
Step 1: First thing you need to do is access the AstroPay website. Desktop users can do it through their preferred browser, while those who opt for a mobile device can download the dedicated AstroPay app for Android from the Play Store, and for iOS-operated devices from the Apple App Store. Once you have entered through your chosen platform, head straight to the registration section.
Step 2: Registration for the AstroPay card is done by entering the required personal information into the signup form. This will include the standard info such as name, address and email, as well as your preferred payment method for funding the card. As mentioned above, the AstroPay card is available with a range of credits, from $25 up to $500, so choose carefully as it cannot be refunded after purchase.
Step 3: In order to choose the payment method for card purchase, users are directed to select their country of residence from the list of eligible jurisdictions. If you are not eligible to use the service, you may still be able to get a card, but without the ability to process transactions. For those eligible, however, there will be a range of banking institutions, card options, as well as online payment solutions available. Some countries can additionally make use of the top popular cryptocurrencies nowadays – Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, as well as a cash payment option through a code print-and-pay structure.
Step 4: Once you have paid for the AstroPay card in your chosen amount, all you need to do is head back to your email address. As soon as the payment is processed, you will receive the details of your prepaid virtual card – number, code, expiration date – for immediate use. Afterwards, simply head straight to the e-commerce platform that accepts it as a payment method and use it for purchases, deposits or funds transfer, based upon your personal needs.
AstroPay Direct does not require any registration – it will directly transfer you to choose from the banks you are eligible for. Here, you will only need to select the banking institution where you hold an account and specify the amount you wish to pay or deposit.
AstroPay as an Online Casino Payment Method
The AstroPay virtual prepaid card is particularly suitable for online gambling platforms. Its speed of payment processing allows players to enjoy top game titles with a few clicks, while the security it provides fits perfectly with the standard industry requirements. Depending on whether your country of residence supports legal online gambling practices, it is bound to comply with those specific policies.
Depositing at AstroPay Online Casino Sites
Step 1: Make sure to pick a suitable AstroPay online casino site that caters to players from your country of residence. Considering the growing popularity of the payment service at the Banking section of top online blackjack sites, casino floors and poker rooms alike, there should be plenty of options to choose from.
Step 2: After entering your chosen casino platform and registering for a player account, head straight to the Banking/Cashier page. Here, click on the AstroPay payment method in order to fund your player account through its channel. This will direct you to a new window where you will need to enter the information from your AstroPay account, i.e. the details of the virtual prepaid card. This includes the holder’s name, the 16-digit card number, expiration date and CVV code. The last piece of information you will need to include is the amount of funds you wish to transfer to your online casino account e-wallet.
Step 3: These deposit transactions are normally performed instantly, and players should see the accounts credited soon enough. With the completion of the process, players are free to test their skills and strategies at any of the preferred game titles.
Withdrawing from AstroPay Online Casino Sites
So far, the AstroPay service has only been available to process payments and deposits from the prepaid card to the relevant merchant platform. Hence, interested players are yet to be allowed to withdraw their winnings from the chosen online casino platform. They can choose from the numerous payment methods at their disposal offered by the operator which serve as a suitable alternative.
Advantages of AstroPay Online Casino Gambling
- Speed of transfer – AstroPay is so far only available for deposits, ensuring instant processing and crediting player funds straight onto the casino account. The speed could partially depend on the time it takes for the bank to process the AstroPay payment, but otherwise, you should see your funds available in a matter of minutes.
- Numerous funding options – When it comes to funding your AstroPay virtual prepaid card, i.e. to purchasing a voucher with one of the predetermined values, you will be given a number of payment options to pay for it. Depending on the country, users are most likely to be eligible to perform the purchase via some of their national banks, or alternatively widespread e-wallets or cryptocurrency methods. Cash options could also be at their disposal, although less frequently.
- Dedicated service – The bright side of the service’s limited availability is that the smaller user pool allows it to better meet their specific needs. Instead of a more global orientation, AstroPay is able to focus most on the payment processing preferences of online players from parts of South America and Asia, and act accordingly.
- No registration – For those opting for the ultimately advantageous convenience, there is the AstroPay Direct service. This payment processing solution allows users to make deposits and request transactions without any registration or login procedure, straight from the e-commerce platform of their chosen merchant.
Disadvantages of AstroPay Online Casino Gambling
- Country restrictions – While it allows the company to dedicate and customize their service, country restrictions nonetheless prevent it from further growth. As for interested players which reside in ineligible countries, they are forced to choose from alternative options.
- No withdrawal capabilities – This is a common issue across online casino payment processing methods, although some services seem to be working fervently on resolving the matter. When it comes to AstroPay, users are still far from cashing out their casino winnings with the service, although efforts are being made to enable such functionality.
1. Can AstroPay be used as a payment method at mobile casinos?
Yes, AstroPay can be used across mobile devices, smartphones and tablets alike, through the inherent Android and iOS apps, and thus fits the payment processing needs of mobile casino players.
2. Will I experience any fee charges while making AstroPay payments?
The AstroPay service will not charge you a fee for its operations, although it does collect all unused funds after card expiration dates. However, for deposits and payments in general, AstroPay online casino players could only experience fees imposed by the operator or associated banking institutions.
3. What is the minimum and maximum amount limit for a single deposit using AstroPay?
The minimum and maximum amount limits per transaction are the same as AstroPay's card values. In other words, players can deposit as little as $25 or as much as the whole max card amount of $500 at a single transaction.
4. Can I still make use of casino bonuses and promotional offers when paying via AstroPay?
As one of the numerous legitimate online casino banking methods available at the Cashier section, AstroPay allows players to qualify for all deposit-related casino bonuses and promotional offers. Some casinos may additionally offer dedicated promotions in order to encourage more players into using the service.
5. What are some alternatives to AstroPay that I can use for casino deposits and withdrawals?
Considering that AstroPay belongs to the category of prepaid cards, there are more than enough alternative banking options of the same format. If PaySafeCard and the likes don't meet player requirements, there are just as many e-wallet options, standard bank wiring, credit, debit and gift cards, as well as cryptocurrencies.