Last Updated: May 30, 2020
On This Page
Top 3 Casinos that offer Visa Credit
Visa Credit Top 3 Casinos
The matter of finances management has always been key to the success of a certain venture. Banks and corporations alike are constantly looking to create the latest solution that would fit the needs of a wider pool of users. And with the current tech advances prompting changes in a number of industries, banking needs have inevitably scaled along with them.
...resulted in a number of payment processing options, from the earliest plastic cards, up to today’s cloud-based e-wallet storages. Yet another type of payment services has been created on the principle of a background intermediary, without any actual involvement in the funds storage, while the latest cryptocurrency inventions introduce a whole new format of your established funds.
...of the range of choices, a considerate number of online transactions are still made using the standard credit and debit cards that everyone is familiar with. After all, there is hardly a person living in the past half a century that hasn’t made a cashless credit card purchase, and the advent of new industries such as iGaming has only confirmed their firm establishment as an institution.
Speaking of such standard credit and debit card transactions, there is hardly anyone in the world dealing with no-cash payments without a Visa in their wallet. What started out as a local state-based cashless payment solution swiftly turned into a country-wide phenomenon, and ultimately a global payment facilitation provider.
It all started out back in 1958...
...when Bank of America in Fresco, California decided to issue BankAmericard in order to provide an alternative to cash-only payments. By 1965, business was flourishing and Bank of America’s invention was sought across the country, and by 1972, in 15 countries across the globe. The BankAmericard underwent one rebranding in 1974 as IBANCO, only to gain its current name Visa another two years later.
...this company supports transactions performed with credit, debit and prepaid cards alike, allowing people to make payments anyway they want. The types of cards are listed below, but one thing that can be generally stated for all payment solutions within the Visa-provided spectrum is their availability, stability and security.
Types of Visa Cards
Throughout the years, Visa has issued a number of different cards in order to suit a wider and more varied range of customers. These include:
- Debit cards: These cards serve people as a portable current account. In other words, the debit card contains the individual’s actual money, and allows them to make cashless transactions at land-based and online retailers.
- Credit cards: Another word for a ready-to-go line of credit. This type of Visa cards operate like any credit card – giving people the chance to spend money they don’t have, and pay out the amount at the end of the month (in full or over a period of time, in increments).
- Prepaid cards: Like all prepaid products, these prepaid cards by Visa function much the same – users practically put a certain amount of credits on the card and use it until it is emptied. Considering that prepaid card funding can be done directly by paying cash, and payers can have a dedicated prepaid card for their e-commerce purchases or online casino activities, it is one of the safest solutions eliminating any information sharing.
- Virtual cards: Much like the types of cards mentioned above, virtual cards by Visa can also distinguish between credit, debit and prepaid. The only considerable feature of virtual cards is the fact that Visa doesn’t issue an actual card for the service, but allows each user to access it virtually, through the online platform.
In this line of thought, Visa has not stopped at issuing cards, and has since developed a number of customer services alongside. While they are mostly used in combination with one of the types listed here, it is nonetheless worth mentioning them.
One major service by Visa which has had a notable impact on land-based purchases is the ‘contactless’ option. It is available on both plastic cards and mobile phone payment apps, allowing users to make payments by simply holding out their card or smartphone in proximity to the payment terminal. Visa Personal Payments is another option, for users that want to make peer-to-peer transactions, while V.me for Visa is an inherent digital wallet option. It was renamed to Visa Checkout a few years back, putting the familiarity and affirmed service quality of the company at customers’ disposal in a whole new, modern format.
As a Payment Method
Considering the vast array of options explained above, it is only expected that these users would appreciate expanding their application to one of the top contemporary entertainment options – online gambling. The service has already achieved worldwide availability, and people are more or less aware of its proper use, so all it takes is to get your own Visa card and start gambling.
How to Get a Visa Card?
Before going forward with your Visa selection, it is recommendable to go through your existing cards first. With a massive number of partnering banks across the world, Visa is likely to be issued as your payment processing service by default. If none of the banks of your choice have yet provided you with a Visa card, you can proceed and get one.
Just go to the nearest bank…
…of your choosing, select the type of card and/or service best fits your needs and preferences, and get started with fast and secure, yet low-charging online gambling.
Depositing at Visa Online Casinos
Making a Visa deposit to fund your online blackjack gameplay, claim free spins slot bonuses or stake your cash at the tables is not much different than making a regular purchase. After all, both are transactions of a certain amount of cash from one account to another. Here in particular, funds are transferred from the player's banking account, to their online casino account.
Step 1: There are hardly any casino platforms left that don’t offer the option of a Visa deposit. A few exceptions include crypto-dedicated sites, or those oriented towards online payment processing solutions, often offering exclusive bonuses and promo offers to boost user traffic. With these in place, it still leaves players with a massive pool of top US online casino sites, Europe-oriented operators or international casino platforms.
Step 2: Upon registering/signing up, players should head straight to the Cashier/Banking section. The Visa payment method may be listed separately, or under the credit and debit card payment processors. Either way, all you need to do is find it and select it.
Step 3: The same process ensues as if you are ordering an item online – you enter the card number, personal details, and in cases when it’s a plastic card – the expiration date. The CCV2 security code at the back of the card is also required, just as a way to make sure no identity theft has occurred. Some operators may go to greater lengths in this regard, demanding a utility bill and your ID document scanned for further proof.
Step 4: Enter the specific amount you wish to transfer to your player bankroll. A useful tip regarding this is to choose random, odd amounts instead of full numbers. For example, try transferring $98.95 instead of $100, so that the transaction is less conspicuous and looks more likely to be a regular purchase.
Step 5: Online casinos have invested a great deal of trust in this payment method, and normally process deposit requests instantaneously. Nevertheless, should you experience some delay, you can always turn to customer support, or a different platform altogether.
Withdrawal requests are submitted much the same way, with the transaction going in the opposite direction. Still, players are advised to be more careful when asking for Visa withdrawals, as they are not as widespread as deposits.
Make sure your casino of choice offers such an option, or at least a range of alternative payment methods to cash out your winnings. That way, when you’ve accumulated enough winnings, you can get your funds as promptly and efficiently as possible.
Advantages of Using Visa as an Online Casino Payment Method
- Widespread service – Visa has establisahed a partnership with banks and financial institutions throughout the world, which makes it easy for online casino players to obtain and use their card to make payments at a number of platforms.
- Low amount limits – The limits for deposits and payments in general are rather low, so players can deposit as little or as much as they want to fund their player accounts. That way, this payment method is suitable for beginners, as well as high rollers looking to invest bigger bankrolls for their online gambling activities.
- Security – As an established banking method, Visa uses prime encryption and security measures to ensure none of their clients’ personal details are misused. The service as such has been certified by all major authoritative bodies, and online casino players can enjoy prime gambling without risking identity theft, loss of funds or any other issue.
- Availability – The number of Visa online casino platforms is rather high, with only select platforms shying away from the payment method in order to provide a specific banking experience. As a result, players opting for Visa as their chosen option will be able to enjoy a range of game selections from all the major software providers in the industry.
Disadvantages of Using Visa as an Online Casino Payment Method
- Withdrawal limits – Withdrawal limits refer less to the actual amount permitted for withdrawal, as this is more often dictated by the casino operators themselves. However, the sole process of withdrawing with Visa is often restricted to some select jurisdictions and platforms, as Visa aims to comply with local legal regulations regarding online gambling.
- Visa Prepaid availability – The Prepaid card option available from Visa is much rarer at online casino sites, so players opting for this payment method will need to look harder when choosing a suitable platform.
- Visa gift cards availability – The same availability issue as Visa Prepaid cards applies to their gift card options. Players who hold a Visa gift card may need to transfer the funds to a different card – Visa debit per say, and then practice online gambling using the payment processing services.
1. What are some suitable alternatives to the Visa online casino payment option?
Visa credit, debit and prepaid cards are still rather available across the online casino selection globally. Still, players who wish to switch to a different payment method can choose from other credit card companies – American Express, MasterCard, or even turn to more modern online payment processing services – e-wallets and payment intermediaries such as Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, Sofort and the likes.
2. Is Visa used as much for online casino payment as it was in the past?
Nowadays, many players prefer using the more modern online casino payment options – e-wallets and even cryptocurrencies. Nevertheless, Visa is still experiencing massive traffic in terms of online payments per day, for iGaming purposes or e-commerce alike.
3. Are there any restrictions regarding payments for US platforms?
4. Aside from the limits imposed by Visa, what other factors could influence the amount limits for deposits and withdrawals?
Visa deposit and withdrawal amounts can be further limited by the casino operator of their own choosing, as well as their actual country of residence.
5. Is there a dedicated customer support I can contact in case of an issue or inquiry?
Yes, players and Visa customers, in general, can contact customer support, both at their bank issuer in charge of their cards and other Visa services, and the online casino platform.