On This Page
Reason #4 why the Wizard likes Bovada: One-Stop Shopping
Bovada offers the triple crown of gambling: casino, poker, and sports. Many other casinos have tacked on poker as an afterthought, and many poker rooms have tacked on a casino as an afterthought, and the lack of attention shows, sometimes painfully. And very few of these sites let you make sports wagers.
But Bovada doesn't just offer all three, they do each one well, and everything's integrated. It's easy to play all three off one deposit, off just one account.
Another nice thing about Bovada is that you don't need a separate account to play casino games with fake money. In fact you do not even need an account for that at all, you can just click over there and play. Finally, Bovada usernames are only six or seven characters long making them possible to remember. By contrast some competitors' usernames are extremely long and cumbersome.
IntroductionTriple Up 21 is a blackjack variant found at a few casinos in Las Vegas. It allows the player to triple up (or "triple down" if you prefer) in some situations. This is at the cost of blackjack paying even money, including blackjack ties.
RulesContrary to what the rule cards may say, the following are the rules of Triple Up 21. In any game, ask the dealer about the rules if you are not sure.
- Player may triple up (triple his bet) on certain initial two-card hands. With six decks, the player may triple up on any initial two-card hand. With two decks, tripling up is restricted to hard totals of 9 to 11. With one deck, tripling up is restricted to hard totals of 10 and 11. Tripling on a blackjack with one and two decks may also be allowed, depending on the casino.
- Player blackjack always wins.
- Blackjack pays even money.
- Dealer hits soft 17.
- Surrender not allowed.
- Insurance not allowed.
- Player may re-split any equal-valued cards, including aces, up to four hands.
- Player may double on any initial two-card hand.
- Double after split may or may not be allowed, depending on the casino.
StrategyThe following three charts show the basic strategy for one, two, and six decks.
The following table shows the house edge according to the number of decks and whether double after a split (DAS) is allowed, assuming the basic strategies above and a cut-card game.
House Edge in Triple Up 21
LocationsKnown locations to have Triple Up 21 are:
- Santa Fe Station, LV (two decks)
- Texas Station, LV (two decks)
- Fiesta Rancho, LV (unknown number of decks, some sources say two, some say six)
- Fiesta Henderson, LV (two decks)
- Boulder Station,LV (two decks)
- Eureka, Mesquite (two decks)