On This Page
Reason #4 why the Wizard likes Bovada: One-Stop Shopping
Bovada offers the triple crown of gambling: casino, poker, and sports. Many other casinos have tacked on poker as an afterthought, and many poker rooms have tacked on a casino as an afterthought, and the lack of attention shows, sometimes painfully. And very few of these sites let you make sports wagers.
But Bovada doesn't just offer all three, they do each one well, and everything's integrated. It's easy to play all three off one deposit, off just one account.
Another nice thing about Bovada is that you don't need a separate account to play casino games with fake money. In fact you do not even need an account for that at all, you can just click over there and play. Finally, Bovada usernames are only six or seven characters long making them possible to remember. By contrast some competitors' usernames are extremely long and cumbersome.
- The game is with one, two, or six decks.
- Dealer usually hits a soft 17.
- Player may double after a split.
- Player may resplit to up to four hands, including aces.
- Player may hit and double down to split aces.
- Player may double on any number of cards.
- Player may take late surrender on any number of cards.
- Player may surrender half of total bet after doubling, what is called "Double Down Rescue" in Spanish 21.
- A player hand totaling 20 or less, consisting of six cards or more, except after doubling, automatically wins.
- A player hand of 21 points, consisting of 5 cards or more, except after doubling, pays 2 to 1 instantly.
- A player blackjack always wins
- A player blackjack in diamonds pays 2 to 1, all other blackjacks pay even money.
Single Deck Strategy
Double Deck Strategy
Double Down Surrender Strategy: The player should surrender after doubling down with either (1) 12 to 16 and the dealer has an 8 to ace, or (2) 17 and the dealer has an ace.
The following house edge figures are random simulation based, assuming a cut card and using the basic strategies above.
I have had two unconfirmed reports of a side bet in Super Fun 21, found in the casinos of San Diego county. The bet pays 300 to 1 on a suited blackjack in diamonds. It is only available on the first hand after a shuffle.
In a single-deck game the probability of winning is 0.3%, and the house edge is 9.2%.