Reason #4 why the Wizard likes Bovada: One-Stop Shopping
Bovada offers the triple crown of gambling: casino, poker, and sports. Many other casinos have tacked on poker as an afterthought, and many poker rooms have tacked on a casino as an afterthought, and the lack of attention shows, sometimes painfully. And very few of these sites let you make sports wagers.
But Bovada doesn't just offer all three, they do each one well, and everything's integrated. It's easy to play all three off one deposit, off just one account.
Another nice thing about Bovada is that you don't need a separate account to play casino games with fake money. In fact you do not even need an account for that at all, you can just click over there and play. Finally, Bovada usernames are only six or seven characters long making them possible to remember. By contrast some competitors' usernames are extremely long and cumbersome.
The following menu is for tables that list the expected value for every initial hand in blackjack. The values in the table are "composition dependent", meaning at every point the best decision was made according to the exact cards held in the players hand, as opposed to just the total points.
All numbers in the tables assume the dealer already peeked for blackjack, with a ten or ace up, and did not have it.
- 1 deck, dealer stands on soft 17
- 1 deck, dealer hits on soft 17
- 2 decks, dealer stands on soft 17
- 2 decks, dealer hits on soft 17
- 4 decks, dealer stands on soft 17
- 4 decks, dealer hits on soft 17
- 5 decks, dealer stands on soft 17
- 5 decks, dealer hits on soft 17
- 6 decks, dealer stands on soft 17
- 6 decks, dealer hits on soft 17
- 8 decks, dealer stands on soft 17
- 8 decks, dealer hits on soft 17
Other sources for similar expected values:
- Cacarulo's at http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/ev/ev.htm
- Blackjack Attack by Don Schlesinger
- Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong.